The Nigerian Women’s Trust Fund (WF) was created in 2011 to increase the representation of women in Nigerian governance at all levels and address the growing concerns about the gender imbalance in elective and appointive positions. The goal of the Fund is to institutionalize access to resources for women in politics in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Coordinator
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Contract type: Full Time
Reports to: Programme Team and the CEO
Contract length: 5 years, renewable yearly
- Project’s Program Coordinator’s key tasks will be to realize the successful implementation of all the activities under the donor supported women political participation programme and work closely with officials of partner organizations and beneficiaries of the programme.
- The Programme Coordinator will have the responsibility for coordinating NWTF’s implementation of the program from the Abuja office and in all the focal states.
- The post holder will ensure that planning and implementation are in accordance with the approved work plan and budget while making certain that monitoring and evaluation is on track as well as the project visibility.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the Social Sciences including Law, Political Science, Communications, Economics, Gender and Development, Public Policy and Management.
- A Master’s Degree in development or a related field is an added advantage.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area, broad familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in women’s political participation in the Nigerian context.
- The program coordinator must possess a certain degree of creativity, innovation and latitude including a good understanding and knowledge of the Nigerian democratic and political environment and its interplay around women’s inclusion and political participation.
- Must be female and familiar with development partners, government, and civil society organizations with demonstrated knowledge of the Nigerian political environment.
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, organization, attention to detail, leadership, clear
- spoken and written communication, active listening, and can perform a variety of tasks.
- Frequent travel in different communities to implement program activities is required.
- Enthusiasm to learn and apply new skills.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good expertise on women’s political participation issues, and an active interest in the workings of civil society.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Traditional Office hours of 8 am – 5 pm weekdays with some travel in and outside Abuja.
- Health Insurance
- 28 days leave
- Opportunity to travel across states Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.