Resource Centre for Human Rights & Civic Education (CHRICED) is a registered non-profit, non-partisan, and non-governmental organization with a mission to promote democracy, accountability, and inclusive political culture in Nigeria. For core programming, CHRICED uses action civics, research, and outreach to mobilize vulnerable and marginalized segments of the population, including the youth, women and people with disabilities (PWDs), to implement innovative grassroots-focused programs aimed at energizing community action to resist injustice, curb corruption and foster accountability.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer, Fundraising
- The key purpose of the job is to develop and promote a diverse range of fundraising activities and projects to support our fundraising strategy and income generation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting research on fundraising opportunities.
- Writing funding proposals and submitting these to potential donors.
- Preparing quarterly budgets.
- Organizing and attending non-profit events and networking with relevant stakeholders.
- Establishing good relationships with staff, members of the public, and the media.
- Maintain and update database of fundraising contacts.
- Coming up with ingenious ways to raise awareness.
- Implementing a variety of marketing strategies and promotional campaigns.
- Experience of a wide range of fundraising activities (including public fundraising) and proven success of substantial income generation.
- Good knowledge of the principles of fundraising from trusts and foundations and experience in soliciting funds from these sources.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and deal with a variety of tasks.
- Excellent diplomacy skills.
- Some experience of social media and digital marketing.
- Previous experience in preparing multiple funding application forms and writing detailed and compelling proposals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- A minimum of Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree will be added advantage), preferably in Marketing, Public Relations, Applied Research, International Development, or related field
- Experience managing a team.
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience leading major fundraising campaigns
- Sound knowledge of nonprofit and development sector.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters as attachments to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The Cover Letter should describe why you are interested in the position you are applying for, and summarize your relevant experience and suitability for the position you are applying for (not more than 2 pages in length).
- You should include the names and contact details of three referees who must not be members of CHRICED staff or Board of Directors.
- No phone calls will be entertained.
- Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted