The Healthcare Federation of Nigeria (HFN) is a coalition of Nigerian private healthcare sector stakeholders with the aim of speaking with a unified voice for the purpose of improving the Nigerian Health Sector through advocacy and education. It is an apolitical, non-partisan, non-profit organization whose aim is to collectively advocate for improving Nigeria’s health sector. The mission of the Federation is to galvanize all major healthcare stakeholders and associations into a vibrant advocacy group for the creation and execution of national healthcare policies through constructive engagement with the government and healthcare practitioners at all levels.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Duration of Role: 12 Months (Renewable)
Estimated Hours Per Week: 40 Hours (Minimum)
- The Program Manager will be responsible for organizing programs and activities, managing delivery and coordinating with internal and external staff, lead project delivery and manage small teams, and provide overall leadership in the design and delivery of HFN programs.
- The Managers overarching focus is to position HFN to achieve its mandate.
- The specific areas of focus include: strategy, grant management & fundraising, stakeholder management including the executives, board, and guiding programmatic delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Program and Grant Administration:
- Overall monitoring of grants/programs for both external/donor requirements and HFN internal policies and requirements.
- Lead coordination for grant identification, grant matrix population, and proposal writing, monitor the timeline, and status of the proposal, and communicate to the relevant parties as appropriate.
- Review final draft for coherence and manage submission to the donor.
- Ensure that the flow of funds permits HFN to make continuous progress towards the achievement of its mission and that those funds are allocated properly to reflect present needs and future potential
- Oversee the financial status of the organization including developing long and short-range financial plans, monitoring the budget, and ensuring sound financial controls are in place; set financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the program and staff
- Provide ongoing monitoring of the status of programs and complete regular check-ins on grant requirements.
- Rationalize the delivery of programs through new and existing partnerships
- Guide design and development of new component programs
- Ensure appropriate measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals
- Overall responsibility for Grant sourcing with the assistance of Program and Administrative Officers
- In collaboration with the Head of Admin, HR, and finance, and media & comms, fundraise as appropriate to achieve the objectives and strategic plans of HFN.
Partnership Development and Management:
- Coordinate partnership negotiation & development, ensuring necessary teams are engaged to help further program, country, and regional interests.
- Exercise collaborative efforts with other social service organizations, NGOs, companies, institutions, and governments to develop and expand services that benefit our clients, beneficiaries, and the community
- Develop and preserve relationships with foundations, trusts, companies, organizations, and individuals who could become donors or funding sources, or partners
- Represent HFN interests and programs with external stakeholders, in concert with the respective relevant teams.
Strategy, Planning & Learning:
- Support team with strategy development and planning and visit program activities to support facilitation of the process as requested.
- Facilitate learning across teams, committees, and programs including codifying lessons learned and knowledge of resources/tools/best practices, etc.
- Drive organizational structuring as required to follow new priorities, imperatives, and strategic direction of HFN
- Appropriate tracking systems, for regular presentation to the board, funders, and other key stakeholders
- Expand the HFN strategic partnerships and maintain the existing ones
- Manage grant database and stakeholders’ database
- Formulate and execute comprehensive marketing, branding, and development strategies that will ensure consistency throughout the organization and enhance revenue from major donors, foundations, government agencies, and corporations
- Collaborate with the executives to develop, refine, implement and monitor HFNs’ strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with HFNs’ core mission
- Provide strategic guidance for program, stakeholder management, and talent management
- Conduct origination, business development, and new opportunity mapping Including expansion into new states
- A University Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Business Management, Law, or a Healthcare related field of study
- A Master’s Degree or a certification in Business Management, Project Management, Human Resources Management is an added advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in cloud software applications (Skydrive, DropBox, Google Suite)
Required Prior Experience:
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a management position
- Prior experience in a strategy-based position
- Prior experience working in an NGO
- Prior experience in a program related role
Recommended Prior Experience
- Prior experience in the healthcare or organized private sector
- Prior experience running a business
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Program Management: Understand program design and implementation.
- Strategic Management: Understand the formulation and implementation of goals and initiatives for organization benefits.
- Stakeholders Management: Establish a system and matrices for effective stakeholders’ management.
- Staff Management: Establish and sustain a culture that drives open-mindedness and positive relationships among staff whilst motivating core staff for retainership
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that your own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization, particularly with current partners and sponsors; Command a professional image.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner including by phone with several stakeholders; Articulate the foundations’ mission, and program objectives with relevant stakeholders.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and project management skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of activities and to complete them in a timely manner; deadline-driven, and able to manage multiple projects and engagements simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and editing skills
- Self-Management: Is self-directed, eager to meet and exceed objectives, and excited to take on more responsibility.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions that are timely and in the best interests of the organization;
- Proactively take actions necessary to produce results and able to work independently/with little guidance.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor the progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: inf[email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 14th April, 2022.