TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Coordinator – Amplify A360
Requisition Number: PROGR01784
Job Category: Programs
Job Type: Full-Time
- The Program Coordinator will lead the overall implementation, and supervision of a Vocational Skills and Livelihood Training (VSLT) program activities in both Southern and Northern Nigeria. Through strong leadership and technical support, s/he will coordinate interventions and provide technical oversight to a network of Local Community Trainers, to ensure quality and timely delivery.
- In addition, s/he will be the key relationship manager with donor. It should be understood that the tasks outlined below are the key responsibilities, but the employee will be expected to perform any tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute the program’s vision and objectives;
- Interact closely with all relevant program partners and stakeholders;
- Support recruitment of program staff and consultants; Design and supervise their work for quality and timely delivery;
- Raise proactively key risks and issues of concern to the Country Director;
- Monitor program budgets and approve program expenditures in accordance with budget and TechnoServe policy direction.
- Supply hands-on and specific advice to program staff and participants on how to achieve program targets and sustain achievements;
- Provide guidance and knowledge to life skill facilitators and partners on livelihood options and linkages;
- Design templates to monitor and report program performance.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Ensure appropriate systems and processes are in place to efficiently collect, analyze, and report on program data, as needed;
- Ensure quality and timely delivery and reporting of all program activities;
- Liaise and update donor regularly on program progress as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities or related discipline. Any relevant combination of degrees would be a plus;
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills;
- Strong interpersonal and management skills, preferably with project/program management experience;
- Strong writing skills and proven ability to develop short and cohesive reports addressed to donors;
- Good computer skills with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- Demonstrated experience implementing entrepreneurship development programs in Nigeria for donors such USAID, DFID, World Bank, and / or Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, or similar; Experience in vocational training programs involving adolescents in Nigeria is a plus;
- Ability to engage and advise a broad range of stakeholders, including senior management of private sector companies, employers at all levels, donor representatives, and others;
- Ability to structure and manage complex tasks, including experience in work planning and activity budgeting;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply