Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Compliance Officer, Nigeria
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Department: Compliance & Risk
- Flutterwave is looking for a Product Compliance Officer to evaluate the potential compliance risks of any new or existing product, feature, or vertica.
What Your Day-to-Day Activities Will Be Like
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (e.g. Product Managers, Compliance, Risk, Legal, etc) to evaluate the potential compliance risks of any new or existing product, feature, or vertical
- Provide general AML/compliance advisory to Product Teams,Expansion, Growth, Engineering, Customer Experience, on behalf of the broader Compliance function
- Determine compliance requirements for domestic and international markets
- Advise Payments Product team on Compliance operational process and regulatory requirements across various markets
- Design go-to market strategies that comply with applicable regulatory obligations for all Payments products, initiatives and strategies
- Build a tactical road-map and set goals that align with strategic product roadmap
- Design and draft all relevant program documentation, content, and processes
- Participate in annual risk assessments and audits
- Manage transitions between project stages and ensure that changes are consistent with organisational goals.
- Gather and track implementation of product-specific Compliance requirements to support launch milestones (e.g. alpha, beta, general availability). Where significant changes in timeline or obstacles are known, Product Compliance Officers are expected to communicate and/or resolve these in a timely manner
- Support expansion for new payments product launches by scoping, defining and communicating product and compliance requirements
- Participate in the review and negotiation of partner contracts to ensure consistency with existing processes and systems or highlight changes needed to integrate for future growth plans
Required Competencies and Skills to be a Waver
- 5+ years experience in applicable payments, card networks, and money transmission rules and regulations
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of Global AML Compliance and Banking regulations
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Contribute to other needs within the Internal Products team as may be required from time to time
- Must be able to multi-task and keep calm under pressure
- The flexibility to work outside normal office hours as may be required from time-to-time.
- Knowledge of Customer underwriting, Risk assessment and Risk Management
- Experience drafting policies and procedures
- Exceptional written and verbal presentation skills coupled with the ability to drive consensus.
- SQL, Data science knowledge is an added advantage.
- A track record of following through on commitments
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply