Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, an International Maritime Company is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- The Procurement Manager is responsible for providing overall supervision and coordination of all purchases of goods and services in accordance with laid down company procedures.
- Leads and develops a network of both internal and external partners to gather and analyze market information and trends.
- Gather information needed for procurement management indicators, and prepares indicators for the selected period.
- Participate in inventory pricing process and checks to ensure that recorded purchase slips are consistent with the purchase negotiation.
- Monitors and co-ordinate with vendors, freight forwarders and the relevant Agencies to ensure on time delivery.
- Ensure processing of VAT exemption on goods and services procured by the company such as duty exemption on the purchase of L.P.G. and diesel.
- Participate in the formulation of the organization’s procurement policy such as and its implementation.
- Conduct after check to ensure that suppliers render services in accordance with regulations and meet their commitments.
- Analyze shortfalls and proposes action plans needed to improve indicators and manages conflicts involving them and undertakes corrective actions.
- Identify vulnerabilities and challenges (dependency, losses, know-how, technical, economic and legal risks) and proposes solutions.
- Implement supplier selection and evaluation procedure.
- Check supplier’s qualifications to ensure that they are consistent with the company’s regulations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a B.Sc. Engineering with knowledge in Supply Chain Management
- A minimum of 12 years professional experience within an international company at a senior procurement level
- Experience with Global Sourcing, Strategic Procurement and Vendor Management in Oil, Gas and Maritime.
- Excellent Negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and monitor activities of subordinates and service providers
- Ability to work with diversity and a variety of personalities
- Must understand purchasing procedures.
- Must have a good knowledge of Management Information System (Integral) Excel, Access.
- Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted