WorleyParsons has had a presence in Africa since the 1970’s when Parsons E&C established their offices in Cairo, Egypt. Since that time the company has continued to spread across the continent and in 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited. Over the past five years, WorleyParsons has executed more than 100 projects in over 15 countries. In 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Ltd. Worley Parsons has the skills and technologies to address all challenges, from small brownfield services contracts to mega greenfield projects. Our service capability covers the entire asset lifecycle: from identifying the opportunity to the operating phase.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Commissioning Engineer
Ref No: LAG0065
Employment Type: Direct Contractor
Job Level: Manager
Reporting Manager Title: Engineering Manager
Duration of Contract: 12 Months
- The Commissioning Engineer’s primary duty is to ensure that any system or sub system is commissioned safely, on time and operates within the expected design parameters.
- His/Her main activities will be to act as the Client representative (Commissioning) whether in the main office or at site.
- He/She will be responsible for verifying all commissioning requirements associated with the work scope of project activities for all disciplines, i.e, Structural, Piping, Electrical, Mechanical, Process and Instrumentation prior to issue to Mechanical Completion (MC) and will be the Commissioning signatory from Construction to Commissioning and the acceptance of a system or sub system via the MC certificate.
- After receipt of the MC certificate the Commissioning Engineer will plan the Dynamic Testing activities and carry out live testing on the equipment or systems handed over from Construction. For a particular piece of equipment or system a Commissioning Procedure will have been created by the Commissioning Engineer (or Third Party) and it will be followed with each activity signed for as it is tested to Vendor Lloyds and/or our client satisfaction.
- Each activity which is complete will be identified on a RFSU or Ready For Start Up document. Each RFSU will contain a Sub system or system or multiples of the same and all these documents together will add up to the system handover document.
- This will in effect allow the system to be handed over to the client via a single sheet known as a System Handover certificate.
- The Commissioning Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the tests are robust enough to satisfy any statutory body and that they are fit for purpose. He/She will be actively involved in all testing and handing over to the operating company a vessel fit for purpose.
- He/She is responsible for ensuring that all Certification, Commissioning and Handover Dossiers are complete and able to demonstrate the Technical Integrity of construction through to mechanical completion, pre-commissioning, commissioning & handover, including any vendor work scope documentation ensuring that all Client or vendors requirements have been met.
- The creation and administration of the Punchlist Register. Ensuring Punchlist items where applicable are closed out.
- All appropriate documentation TQ’s/EQ’s, Tool Box Talks is included in the pack.
- All affected equipment tags / cables / line numbers have been updated.
- Appropriate drawings have been as-built. Red Line mark ups are available.
- Final sign off and Closeout Dossier signed for delivery to Client.
- Deputise for Senior Commissioning Engineer when required.
- His/Her duties for Construction/Commissioning and Close-out include:
- The signing of the Construction, Commissioning and Hand over Dossiers.
- Signing and verifying all certification present and correct.
- Advising and ensuring that they are delivered where and when they should be as per the project plan.
- The creation and administration of the TQ Technical Querie/EQ Engineering Querie register. Any deviations to the original work scope documented and TQ’s/EQ’s are present where applicable and are closed out.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or related field)
Industry Specific Experience:
- A candidate with a minimum of 10 years Knowledge will however be considered with no formal qualifications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 28th April, 2022.