The Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) is one of the eleven electricity distribution companies that emerged after the unbundling of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).The company is saddled with the primary responsibility of distributing and marketing electricity to end users within the five states in the South-East geo-political zone; namely: Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo, with a total of 18 Business Districts offices across these states.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Performance Management Officer
- Implementation of Corporate Performance Management framework and culture that drives continuous performance improvement within the company. Ensure effective reporting on achievement against targets in employee performance and identification of adverse variances and implementation of strategies to address these variances.
- Liaise with the Performance Management Manager to develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for all employees in EEDC.
- Provide assistance as needed to line managers to improve performance and effectiveness.
- Manage the Performance Feedback Processes confirming constructive and effective feedback provided by Heads of Department/Supervisors to subordinates.
- Drive the Confirmation Appraisal Process for new employees after the mandatory probationary period of Six (6) months to determine employment contract continuity.
- Liaise with the Staffing and L&D Units to develop and implement the Company’s Talent Management and Succession Plan Programme to eliminate gaps created by emergency exits.
- Organize continuous training on goal setting and performance evaluation for Managers and Supervisors, in liaison with the Training and Development Unit, to certify their understanding of the dynamics of performance evaluation.
- Ensure that all employees have completed Goal Setting plan at the start of the year
- Ensure that performance discussions are documented and implemented accordingly
- Execution of the semi-annual performance evaluations to assess individual performance against set deliverables for all staff and generate necessary reports.
- Initiate investigation into adverse performance to identify causes and remedial actions required for improvement.
- BSc / HND in Human Resources, Business Management or a related field.
- Professional qualifications like CIPM, CIPD, SHRM will be an advantage.
- Must have a minimum of 4 – 6 years relevant work experience in Performance Management in a well-structured organization.
- Ability to generate and analyze various performance metrics using excel and other reporting tools.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th September, 2021.