Niyya Food & Drinks Company Limited – We are a member of Niyya Farm Group involved in manufacturing fruit juices from natural raw fruits and production of different variants of Yoghurts/Dairy products located in Kaduna North West Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
This role reports to: The Receivable Accountant
- The role player will be responsible for tracking and managing the Company’s Payroll Data, Remitting Payroll Taxes, preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll statements.
- He will be required to track employee work hours, prepare compensation cheques, calculate bonuses and allowance, respond to employee questions about wages and deductions and comply with government regulations.
- Co-ordinate and ensure activities of payroll transactions are processed efficiently
- Entering new employee data into the company database.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Manage and resolve issues relating to payroll production
- Compile summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, and non-taxable wages and report on it and also administer benefit plans and workers compensation payments and pensions.
- Oversee compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements
- Compile data from payroll sources while scheduling electronic payments and handing out pay cheques.
- Prepare relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports
- Monitor the accurate processing of staff appointments, transfers, promotions and terminations
- Prepare and review payroll account reconciliations
- Maintain accurate account balances
- Familiarity with state labour laws.
- Manage payroll workload to meet operational requirements by collecting, calculating and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information.
- Ensure the maintenance of current employee data systems
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll
- Process payroll checks for non-management, management and Executive Staff
- Compliant to new legislation impacting payroll
- Performance manage and develop payroll staff.
Job Requirements (Qualification & Skills / Experience)
- B.Sc or HND Accounting, Human Resources, or similar field
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in FMCG Company
- Proficiency in relevant and accounting software i.e. (ERP & SAP etc)/IT Skills (Advanced Excel)
- Previous Experience working as a Payroll Officer
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to engage with high level internal & external partners’ stakeholders
- Self-motivated and a Team player.
- For this role, the successful candidate must be quick to learn and be a team player, as he will be expected to participate and contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Certified Payroll Professional designate will be an added advantage
- Strong mathematical knowledge/Accounting principles and practices/understanding of applicable Local, State and Federal compliances and Labour laws
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current Resume to “Niyya Food & Drinks HR” via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
- Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.)
Application Deadline 24th February, 2022.