British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payroll Coordinator
Job Number: 35524
Role Positioning and Objectives
- This role is part of Payroll Human Resource Sub function.
- The role is responsible for the management and administration of Payroll, employee information and systems, in line with the area and regional strategy, assisting the Head of Payroll with the implementation of systems and procedures aimed at ensuring efficiency in the organisation and providing support to the specialist, HR Managers and other functions for effective delivery of HR services and initiatives.
- Reports to: Head of Payroll
- Geographic Scope: West and Central African Markets
- Process monthly payroll inputs for the different West and Central Africa Countries and liaising with the Payroll consultant to run the payroll.
- Timely payment of employee’s monthly salary including the reconciliation of the following reports: Personnel Change report Bank payment authority report, in respect of about 100 employees for the different countries respectively: Cameroon, Ghana, Gabon, Mali, Ivory Coast, Niger Republic, Benin Republic and Burkina Faso
- Preparation of the company Specific Social Security for Cameroon, Gabon, and Benin
- Liaise with the payroll consultant with regards the computation of exit benefits for voluntary and involuntary terminations and OTIF payment of the entitlements.
- Ensure an effective and efficient delivery of Payroll and Benefits Administration (bank details, gratuity and pension update, unpaid absence, recurring and additional payments, etc.) and monthly Payroll approver engagement.
- Monitor and report on compliance to the Human Resource records management framework in line with departmental/ Company objectives
- Documentation of HR processes, procedures, forms, and systems
- Undertake special and ad hoc Human Resource projects in line with departmental / company objectives
- Provide back up support for team as provided in the work distribution schedule.
- Process the salary payment charges for all the payroll vendors.
- Process monthly Nigeria payroll benefit inputs through the SAP Payroll System
- Actively engage with Functional HR Teams to ensure that they are satisfied with service provided.
- Internal auditors for the audit of employee information/payroll processes
- External service providers: Government agencies, Pension Fund Administrators etc
- Co-ordinate the employees’ non-monetary recognitions and Long service awards
- Establish and maintain effective and productive relationships with all functional HR teams, Finance, Legal and External Affairs and other relevant functions.
- Ensures that an excellent standard of service is provided by the Payroll Team to all Functional Units / Teams.
- Ensure all Payroll queries are resolved satisfactorily within stipulated deadlines.
- Ensure gift vouchers are readily available for distribution.
Essential Experience, Skill and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in the Humanities, Social Sciences or Arts
- 2 – 3 years tactical experience in Payroll function in Human Resources
- Sound understanding of local legislation in Francophone markets in West and Central Africa region
- Basic French knowledge
- High proficiency in using Microsoft Excel
- Strong data, analytical and numeracy skills
- High level of initiative, confidentiality & dedication
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Sufficient IT knowledge/skills to generate, operate and run reports.
- SAP Payroll knowledge would be an added advantage
- A high level of decision making, objectivity, creativity & Integrity.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly when required