Saroafrica International Limited is an indigenous private sector player with 3 decades of experience in Nigeria. Saroafrica has five Subsidiaries (Saro Agrosciences, Saro Lifecare, Saro Agro-Allied, Gossy Warm Spring and Saro Oil Palm) and two Joint Ventures (AgriseedCo and Green Hills Agricultural Products). Saroafrica is set to become a leading consumer, manufacturing, FMCG and integrated agricultural value chain group. In pursuit of this ambition Saroafrica is making significant investment in a Palm Plantation and Cassava to Ethanol Plant. This role is expected to be for Saro Agrosciences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Packaging Machine Operator
Location: Magboro, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties / Responsibilities
- The incumbent should have considerable experience in running filling & packaging line machines/equipment. He/she should be able to set-up machines, initiate calibration, cleaning, start-up procedures, as well deliver a seamless run.
- Control and adjust machine settings etc
- Ensue the right quality and quantity of raw material or parts are fed to the process and packaging machines.
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools.
- Maintain production and activity logs as well as analyse trends.
- Be a champion of Safety for self, others, equipment, and general workplace.
- Must be able to synergize with other unit’s functions to achieve set goals.
- Accountability for assigned works with attention to detail is a must have.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix minor issues/ jams that might occur during the shift, as well as refer issues to other technical teams, when the escalation threshold is reached.
- Check line products to spot any machine-related defects, flaws, or quality concerns.
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products.
Education and Experience
- Minimum OND qualification in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Production, Industrial, or related field).
- 2 – 3 years related machine operator experience in an FMCG or chemical/ herbicide filling plant operation/ facility.
- Age Requirement: 25 – 38 years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 13th July 2022.