The Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria, is one of the specialized third generation universities established in 1983 with the aim of creating high level manpower in the area of Science, Engineering and Technology. Applications are invited from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
It is hereby notified for the general information that the Post of Vice- Chancellor
at the Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria, will become vacant with effect from 3rd December, 2017, Consequently, the Governing Council
of the University, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act No 11 of 1993, as amended by the Act No 25 of 1996 and the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Amendment Act, 2003, has approved that appropriate machinery be set in motion for the selection of a suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacancy.The Position
- The Vice- Chancellor shall be the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University and shall exercise general supervision over the University.
- He/She shall be Ex- Officio Chairman of Senate and Congregation and Member of the Governing Council.
- He/She shall be responsible to Council for the day to day management of the human, financial and material resources of the University.
The person for the position of Vice- Chancellor, Federal University of Technology Minna, is required to possess a good University education from recognized University and should be a proven manager of human and material resources. In addition, such candidate:
- Must possess a Doctorate Degree and be a renown Professor of international standard in one of the fields offered in the University (a list of all die programmes offered in the University is available on the website of the University),
- Must not be older than 65 years of age by December 3rd, 2017 when his/her tenure is expected to commence,
- Must be able to demonstrate academic excellence in terms of quality publications, teaching, credible community service and be able to command the respect of the national and international academic communities through his/her track records;
- Must be proficient in the use of information and Communication Technology,
- Should be capable of inspiring members of the University community towards the attainment of its goals,
- He/She should be free from conflict of interests,
- Must have the highest moral standards, impeccable character and proven integrity with irrevocable commitment to best practices in corporate governance, with particular emphasis on accountability, transparency, probity and ensure judicious utilization of increasingly scarce resources for optimum public good,
- Should be above board and not foster personal, racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interest,
- Must enjoy very good physical and mental health and be free from any inhibiting health conditions,
- Should have varied societal linkages,
- Must satisfy the basic requirements for appointment into the University as approved by the Governing Council.
- Should have delivered his/her inaugural lecture,
- Should possess considerable administrative experience within the university system,
- Should have a track record of Fund attraction to the University system,
- Must be of courage and transparent honesty, who can take decision on the merit of facts, equity and patriotism and not on the basis of parochial or primordial interests.
Condition of Service/Remuneration
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only.
- Remuneration and other Conditions of Service are as applicable to the Post of Vice- Chancellor in other Nigerian Universities owned by the Federal Government of Nigeria, and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government and the Governing Council.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the conditions stated above should submit 30 copies of their applications (including a statement of his/her vision for the university in the next 5 years (2017 – 2022) in 600 – 1,000 words.), photocopies of their credentials and comprehensive current Curriculum Vitae (including the following below) duly signed and dated.
The curriculum vitae must include the candidate’s:
- Names in fill (Surname last and in capitals);
- Place and date of birth;
- Permanent home address;
- Current Postal address including e- mail address and telephone contact;
- Marital status;
- Number and ages of children;
- Institutions attended (with dates);
- Academic qualifications (with dates);
- Professional qualifications with dates);
- Honours, Distinctions and Membership of Learned Societies and Professional Bodies;
- Outstanding publications, discoveries or inventions (with all relevant details);
- Working experience in the University system (giving details);
- Details of Administrative, Managerial Experience and Fund attraction in the University system;
- Details of specific service to Local. National and International Communities (with dates, institution/establishment and status)
- Names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be the head of establishment where the candidate currently works).
Candidates are to request their referees to forward references on them (in a sealed envelope and marked ‘Referee’s report for Post of Vice- Chancellor)’ directly to the Registrar & Secretary to Council (via the above address), Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims to highest academic and managerial capabilities as well as candidate’s moral standing.
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in an envelope marked at the top left hand corner “Post of Vice- Chancellor, FUT, Minna” to:
Federal University of Technology,
P.M.B 65, Minna,
Application Deadline: 23rd May, 2017.