Candor Consulting Limited – Our client, an indigenous manufacturer of quality furniture (for offices and schools) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations / Factory Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline employees
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
- Plan and review compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
- Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions
- Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Responsible for all department managers and supervisors, with review/approval responsibility for all operations / Factory employees
- Work closely with GM and management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings
- Work closely with the inventory manager and team to perform analysis of our inventory and ensure we are utilizing our inventory effectively, purchasing the right equipment, maintaining solid inventory data and reduce sub-rental expenses
- Run a safe, injury/accident free workplace
- Responsible for all aspects of vehicle and heavy equipment rentals
- Track vendor pricing, rebates and service levels
- Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment
- Serve as primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to furniture quality, customer service, or accidents and mishaps of products. In particular, this includes any issues within and outside the factory.
- Preparing production reports and submitting them to key decision-makers.
- Regularly inspecting finished products to determine whether they meet established quality standards.
- Motivating factory workers to continually achieve factory targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree qualification.
- 3 – 10 years Experience.
Deadline: 21st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV accompanied by a brief Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.