Primera MFBank, your partner for growth, is a fully licensed technology-driven finance platform that offers financial solutions to businesses and individuals. Anchored by a strong balance sheet and an experienced, hands-on management team, we enhance financial inclusion by offering suite of financial services to meet the needs of clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operational Risk Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Reporting to: Chief Risk Officer / Risk Management
- Provide technical guidance to business units on identification, assessment and monitoring of operational risks across the bank.
- Ensure that Business and Functional units Management has ownership, responsibility and accountability for directly assessing, controlling and mitigating risks by driving implementation and quality of Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA)across all functions in the bank.
- Achieve quality of RCSA sampling, testing, issue identification and adequacy of corrective action plan.
- Support business initiatives and major tasks/ projects by ensuring effective participation in product review and approval before roll out.
- Participate in product/process development and review in order to ensure adequate risk controls are embedded in the design of products and processes.
- Participate in User Acceptance Tests (UAT) to ensure adherence to business and information security requirements as well as mitigation of operational risks.
- Provide support in Policy reviews, development of standard operating procedures, automation projects, and training and awareness programs bank wide.
- Support Business units in investigation and remediation of incidents and policy violation.
- Ensure Loss event register is maintained and up to date.
- Alert Head Operational Risk on all status of key residual risks through development, review, update and reporting of the bank’s Key Risk Indicators (KRIs).
- Identify, manage and report on all key risks and controls through development, review and update of the bank’s risk and control database.
- Prepare of Operational Risk Reports and Management dashboards.
- Train Operational Risk Champions, Staff and new entrants across the bank on Operational Risk Management Framework and key tools such as; RCSA, KRI and Incident management.
- Carry out Risk assessment as at when due, maintain risk register and track closure of open items.
- Collaborate with independent functions – Internal Control, Internal Audit, Compliance, and other relevant departments to enhance effectiveness of risk management activities by providing operational risk input.
Key Performance Indicators
- Number of quality RCSA, KRI and Risk assessment achieved
- Level of positive feedback from collaborators.
- Level of compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Number of reports delivered on time.
- % of Operational risk training done.
- % of support to earnings and cost reduction strategy of the Bank.
- Accuracy of Loss event and risk register.
- % of incidences investigated and remediated timely.
- % of risk issues resolved without escalation.
- Number of Audit exceptions.
- Minimum of B.Sc. preferably in Finance, Accounting or Management
- 3 – 5 years relevant work experience as Operational Risk Officer in the financial services industry is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management Framework, Operational Risk Management Standards and ISO31000 Standards
- Working experience in banking risk and control, or compliance.
- Strong interpersonal skills with all levels of staff for influencing and collaborating.
- Experience in running risk analysis, including review/challenge of business risk profile and remediation initiatives.
- Demonstrated track record in bringing value to the business by being an effective partner and challenger in the right circumstances.
- Strong knowledge of the operational risk environment (regulations, processes) and Risk management skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Experience in facilitating the implementation and roll-out of a risk and/or controls framework.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th September, 2021.