The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Operation Associate
Job ID: R1780
Employment Type: Full-time
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH.
- The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention.
- PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
Main Purpose of Job
- The Operations Assistant is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of logistic provided by the operations manager by providing clerical support.
- She or he works with the Operations Manager to make hotel and airline arrangements, provide assistance to staff in need of visas, assist Expats and TCN in obtaining Nigerian resident visas, coordinate the arrangement of materials and equipment as specified in the activity profiles and provide assistance to assure shipments to the projects clear customs in a timely manner
- Arrange hotel for Nigerian staff, participants, consultants who are coming to Abuja for assignments
- Arrange hotel for TDY staff coming to assist Nigeria teams
- Assist staff in obtaining visas for international travel
- Assist in making international and local travel arrangements
- Arrange for telephones and internet modems for TDY and new staff, as the case may be
- Provide assistance and follow up to Expats and TCNs on obtaining Nigerian resident VISAS
- Assist in organizing for the dispatch of goods and equipment whenever required and ensure that packing list, waybills and export documentations where necessary are prepared and ensure that shipping details are communicated in writing promptly to the receiver
- Ensure tea items, water are restocked on time, stocks cards are up date and items distributed evenly when the appropriate approval has been received
- Process travel reservations per agreed-upon accuracy and timeliness indicators, acknowledging initial requests within 48 hours or less.
- Ensure that systems are in place in country to ensure that operations are managed and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
- Monitor and ensure compliance.
- Calendar management, ensuring conference rooms are booked and Meeting/conference/activity logistics and making sure to update the records regularly
- Arrange spaces for new employees making sure the availability of desks, chairs etc. are ready for them to use on the start day
- Coordinate the approved Activity Profiles making sure that materials, equipment, etc required for the activity are organized and ready for the activity
- Coordinate catering services for official functions within and outside the office location
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
- Supervision of artisans during repairs in the office
- Inventory management and Stock Keeping.
- The responsibilities and duties are indicative only. The responsibilities and duties are subject to change to meet the needs of the project, the organization and the donor.
Qualifications, Experience, Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1 – 3 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Strong office and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Excellent Computer knowledge. Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point 2007 and knowledge of Photoshop. Learn and become proficient in the firm’s management system (Applied) and other carrier software or websites, as needed
- Ability to Multi task and organize ongoing projects, looking for ways to become more efficient in completing tasks
- Consistently looks for ways to help support
- Qualified Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply
- Verbal and written language skills in English required
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to learn complex program procedures.
- Good typing skills. Good memo composition and editing skills. Good computer skills with sound knowledge of commonly used application software
- Familiar with internet search engines and able to undertake background search on well-defined tasks
- Able to work independently by managing priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices
- Excellent command of written and verbal English
- Takes initiative and can start/complete tasks with basic direction
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply