Baobab is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies in at least 15 countries by 2015 that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets Joining later.
We are recruiting to fill the available positions below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Reporting line: Head of Finance
- Communicating with customers is a regular duty of this job.
- Sends bills to customers; processes refunds; interacts with collection agencies on past-due accounts; and, works to resolve billing disputes.
- Create and monitor internal auditing procedures and to solve problem when accounting numbers are not in sync
- Any other function as assigned by Management
- An accounts officer manages the financial bookkeeping of a business or organization.
- Processes invoices, records payments, and track expenses of the organization.
- Supervises other staff members who assist with the bookkeeping duties.
- Attention to detail is paramount.
- Each expense must be cross-checked with the corresponding invoice, to ensure that the billing is accurate.
Qualification and requirements
- Have experience in financial reporting.
- Solid knowledge of Financial Accounting and Proficient use of Google App
- Fluent English.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or other related fields.
- Minimum 1-3 years auditing experience in a microfinance institution or a bank.
Job Title: Audit Officer
Reporting line: Head of Audit
- Ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded, summarized and reported
- Accordingly and Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and using discretions in sharing such information within legal confines.
- Lead and coordinate internal audit missions and Prepare report of audit missions
- Ensure timely regulatory reporting and any other responsibility as may be assigned by the Head of Internal Audit
- Any other function as assigned by superiors.
- Monitoring the internal audit system
- Conduct regular internal audit of the bank, Assist in reconciliation and the analysis of transactions.
- Conduct client visits on regular basis, Conduct investigations on alleged irregularities/fraud.
- Assist in monitoring the business function of the branches and reporting all material findings and preparing appropriate recommendations for corrective actions.
- Ensure proper safeguard of assets and its effective utilization.
Qualification and Requirements
- Have experience in financial reporting
- Solid knowledge of internal control systems and Proficient use of Google App
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or other related fields
- Minimum 1-3 years auditing experience in a microfinance institution or a bank
- Good integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self-Motivated at work
- Computer proficiency and technical skills
- Sense of responsibility and judgement
- Excellent critical sense
- Excellent analytical skills
- Rigorous and unbiased
Job Title: Graphic Designer and Digital Marketing Officer
Reporting line: Business Development Manager
- Translate product positioning, existing research, and offline/online Marketing strategies into effective designs. In charge of planning and managing marketing campaigns that promote a company’s brand, products, and services. Planning campaigns, analyzing metrics, and identifying trends. Develop the overall layout and production design for advertisements, brochures, magazines, and corporate reports.
- Plan and manage social media platforms.
- Develop and monitor campaign/promotion.
- Work with a team to brainstorm and innovate growth strategies.
- Supporting all marketing needs and initiatives for the organization
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail, and web) Monitor all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, best practices and web analytics and feedback.
- The Digital Marketer/Graphic Designer will be responsible for coordinating marketing Graphics, branding and design needs, creating and managing content for website & promotional materials.
- Creative execution of digital, print and other visual communications, advertising, video marketing, online marketing and email marketing.
- The Digital Marketer/Graphic Designer will have independent and creative responsibility for the social media outreach with a concentration on revenue generating events and audience development.
- Digital Marketer/Graphic designers will combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images and the layout of websites and printed pages.
Qualification and Requirements
- Experience designing e-commerce websites or advertising accountability
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management
- Highly creative with excellent analytical abilities
- University degree in Digital Marketing, Graphics / Web Designing, IT.
- Related experience at least 2 – 3 years.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in both digital marketing and graphic designing.
- Familiarity with design software.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Resume to: [email protected] CC [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 7th March, 2020.