The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) is a reputable Electricity Distribution Company in Nigeria backed by international investors and shareholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer, Software Development Engineer
- The role of this job holder is to actively participate in the identification, development, testing and maintenance of application and systems software in line with fast paced business requirements.
- Work on delivering to roadmaps of developed software and systems through accurate planning and interaction with stakeholders.
- Adhere to strict development rules, reviews, testing, and production environment implementations.
- Ensures high availability of services to end users.
- Assist the software development manager with all aspects of software design, coding, and deployment.
- Attends and contributes to software development meetings.
- Respond to requests from the development team.
- Provides support for software applications.
- Report writing.
- Conducts development test.
- Continually improve coding skills.
- Writes and maintains code.
- Participates in code reviews and quality assurance activities.
- Monitors the technical performance of internal systems.
- Supports team lead in building a strong team to meet corporate needs.
- Supports and mentors new team members to ensure professional growth of team.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Software Releases and System Improvements.
- Bug Fix Tracking SLOs.
- Adherence to ICT Policy.
- Stakeholder Satisfaction.
- Personal Execution Efficiency.
- System and Software Documentation.
Education & Experience
- B.Sc / HND in Computer Science or a related Field.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant post NYSC experience.
- Software Development Certifications.
- Network Certifications an advantage.
- Working experience in working under a distributed version control environment with automated code review tools, Sandbox testing and pushing code to the production environment.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as required.
- Working in a software development team in a medium to large size organization
- Working experience in socket development – i.e., TCP/IP stack development (DNS, DHCP, etc.) and authentication systems i.e., LDAP/AD Integration
- Practical knowledge in working under the Agile Software Development Environment
- Experience: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Developed people skill.
- Good project management skill, especially with agile methodology.
- Attention to details.
- Passion for excellence in serving users and addressing their Needs.
- Good analytical, organizational & multitasking skills.
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Self-motivated with focus on results
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
The MD / CEO,
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
No.1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: Head, Human Resources Management.
- All applications should include Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter.
- The subject of your application should read: “Officer, Software Development Engineer” Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.
- Only soft copy of applications will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 4th August, 2022 (Midnight).