The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Manager (Bilingual Secretary)
Location: Banjul, Gambia
Grade: G5 / G6 / G7
Institution: ECOWAS Regional Competitive Authority (ERCA)
Agency: ECOWAS Regional Competitive Authority (ERCA)
Department: Trade, Customs, Free Movement And Tourism
Directorate: Office of the Director, Administration & Finance
Line Supervisor: Director, Administration & Finance
- Under the supervision of the Director, Administration & Finance, the incumbent should play a vital role in the smooth running of the Department
- From welcoming visitors, to reception of calls, fixing appointments, organizing the schedule of his / her superior, drafting of correspondence and filing documents, his or her duties will be critical to the daily activities of the Department / Directorate
- In this regard, he/she should be quite accessible and responsive in the face of competing demands from both internal and external parties.
Role and Responsibilities
- Management of the Supervisor’s schedule: manage the Supervisor’s diary and schedule, organise and manage appointments; receive and welcome visitors; make telephone calls; verify in-coming calls to ensure their importance and possibility to respond or transfer to the supervisor
- Administrative Management: organise meetings; receive, draft, type and make follow-up on administrative letters; book meeting rooms; request and provide supplies to the office
- Management of mail and documents: create a recording system of in-coming and out-going mails; ensure e-archiving and e-filing of documents using ECM software for easy retrieval when the need arises; manage documents (in-coming and out-going, filing of letters); ensure follow-up on documents submitted for signature or approval
- Computer skills: Knowledge of Ms Office, ECM and other Ecolink software when it is possible. Demonstrate ability in word processing in English, French and/or Portuguese
- Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- HND or equivalent in Secretarial Studies or Administration or a related field from a recognized higher institution
- 6 years experience in administrative and secretarial services
- Sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions with little supervision
- Knowledge of related computer software and relevant ECM filing systems and correspondence-related procedures, guidelines and processes to preparing and using administrative documents and templates.
- Nationals of Gambia or other ECOWAS member-states resident in Gambia.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
- UA 20,581.97; USD 32,474.24 / UA 24,770.16; USD 39,082.35 / UA 29,051.08; USD 45,836.80 annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly, attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here to download Application Form (Ms Word)
Click here for more information
Application Deadline 3rd June, 2021.