Grand Cereals Limited (GCL), a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria Plc, is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials to produce and deliver superior quality brands in the animal feed, edible oils, breakfast cereals, pet food and other intermediate and consumer cereals products to Nigeria and West Africa markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Administrator
Function: People & Corporate Services
Reports To: General Services Manager
- To provide comprehensive and proactive support to the Lagos Office on a wide range of complex administrative activities whilst prioritizing and taking personal responsibility for all activities undertaken to enhance site effectiveness and a conducive and convenient work environment
- Responsible for managing the Office Supplies Store by maintaining a balanced stock of materials
- Ensure the meeting rooms are well maintained, necessary refreshments are provided and the meeting room is always ready for use.
- Make available refreshments and drinking water at all designated points on time and in full.
- Responsible for the management of office repairs, office décor, office maintenance, fumigation and pest control, and landscape/garden management
- Ensure proper planning of store administration activities by preventing stockouts of office supplies.
- Ensure effective communication of daily activities to General Services Manager through verbal communication and formal report writing.
- Effective supervision of in-coming and out-going mail operations, liaising with external courier/postal services to ensure rendition of service within/above SLAs.
- Supervisory work of all projects in the absence of the General Services Manager
- Coordinate the front office operations, Hotel bookings, telephony services and reception of visitors to GCL Lagos Office.
- Maintain acceptable levels of housekeeping by achieving zero-non conformances. Ensures that HSE Standards are fully observed by contractors working on the premises.
- Ensure that the office environment is clean and conducive, with fixtures available, all requests for meeting rooms are met and customers’ expectations are met.
- Ensure that the Office environment is well beautified with necessary interior decorations.
- Continually develop new ideas and processes to improve the quality of the departmental reports and physical infrastructures in the GCL Lagos Office.
- Always promulgate new areas of cost savings in office supplies and deliver value for money in this area.
- Populate monthly departmental reports on a defined template for Office supplies and catering services.
- Carry out surveys on refreshment, stationery utilization and generate reports quarterly.
- Develop a good and cordial relationship with internal and external customers to effect high-quality service delivery.
- HND / Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University
- Work experience in a similar role in a leading corporate organization would be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Solid secretarial and administrative skills, including excellent verbal and written communication
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, SAP Hana
- Ability to establish priorities, maintain confidentiality and work under pressure
- Above-average numeracy skills to work with financial systems and resolve queries
- Competent internet research skills
- Good command of software packages, ability to work with new packages and undertake basic database administration.
- High say/do ratio with good attention to details and confidence to use own initiative
- Proactive “can do” work ethics with a flexible approach to working
- A firm foundation of interpersonal skills – mature, responsible, assertive attitude
- Internally: Reports to General Services Manager. Interacts regularly with all user departments, drivers etc. Raise orders and Follow-up orders with central procurement.
- Externally: Deals with suppliers and contractors who are either delivering materials or carrying out cleaning or maintenance services, etc.
Barriers to Success:
- Inability to role model GCL’s Values & Leadership Behavior’s
- Inability to work with and through others
- Inability to drive change and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 3rd December, 2021.