Jireh Doo Foundation (JDF) is a non-governmental organization founded in 2003 and became operational in the same year. JDF’s uniqueness lies in her interventions including advocacy and services to single women and their children, orphans and vulnerable children with special considerations for those orphaned by HIV. JDF is in Makurdi, Benue State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
Location: Mafa, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- Jireh Doo Foundations humanitarian intervention in the North East of Nigeria spans largely across two state, Borno and Gombe states and has been working actively in the sectors of water sanitation and hygiene (WASH), food security and livelihood protection and Gender Based Violence (GBV).
- Jireh Doo Foundation is seeking candidates with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and a minimum of two years of experience working on GBV issues within a for the implementation of the Nigeria joint response project with the aim of providing relevant health support to survivors of GBV and coordinate outreach services
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly supervises GBV Case workers and outreach workers
- Produce weekly and monthly data and regular narrative reports
- Supports implementation and ensure adherence to monitoring and evaluation plans.
- To coordinate with other GBV service providers on case management.
- Ensure that solid case management, referral and information management systems are in place for appropriate identification, responses and follow-up for survivors of GBV.
- Collaborate with other project staff to ensure referrals to other services such as psychosocial support, Mental health and education/livelihoods interventions
- Ensure the immediate needs of women and adolescent girls are identified during rapid assessment and are immediately responded to
- Facilitate the identification of vulnerable women and adolescent girls, profile and provide them with dignity kits
- Facilitate life skills training sessions for adolescent boys and girls
- Maintain effective and efficient oversight, quality control and reporting systems and processes that ensure regular field monitoring and modifications as required.
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Regularly attend LGA level GBV sub-working group meetings, Case Management meetings at appropriate levels to contribute to coordination of case management responses across agencies.
- Contribute to proposal development activities (narrative and budget) through providing information from the ground and participation in rapid assessments.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams, liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment.
- Submit reports for all field activities, trainings and meetings.
Qualification and experience
- B.Sc in Nursing, Public Health, Reproductive Sexual Health, Midwife, Human Rights or related discipline desired
- At least 2 years experience in implementing Gender Based Violence programs, preferable social work or case management, in humanitarian setting
- Previous experience supervising and managing a team in a cross-cultural setting especially Case Workers
- Previous experience in emergency preparedness and response
- Experience working with case files providing regular documentation preferred
- Experience in facilitating and leading life skills sessions for adolescent girls strongly desired.
- Good self-organization and basic management skills.
- Knowledge of the local languages Kanuri and Hausa
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Female candidates are preferred.
- Familiarity with Monitoring & Evaluation and UN-funded projects desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Advanced computer skills, including the ability to type quickly and to use Microsoft Office products, email, and internet.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive issues or projects and use judgement to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Sensitive to cultural differences and an understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Fluency in English (written & spoken).
- Knowledge of health programs.
Application Closing Date
12th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Applications should be in English and include the following:
- A motivation letter in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria
- Concise and accurate CV. The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
- We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates applying for the above position must note that Reference checks will be done especially on PSEA, and Job qualification / suitability.
Share this job with friends!!!