NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML) was incorporated as a private limited liability company on 9th October 2008 as a subsidiary of Nigeria LNG Limited. The company provides a wide range of shipping services covering training, manning, fleet management, terminal management services and consultancy services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Third Officer
Job Grade: Shipboard Officer
Contract Type: Voyage Contract
- To provide assistance to the deck team onboard the ship and carryout all duties as prescribed by the master.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Third Officer understudies and assists the Second Officer. He/She must keep a navigational watch.
- During cargo operations, he/she will assist with cargo operations, stability, ballast operations, moorings and ship security during the period of his watch.
- He/She is responsible for the safety of all personnel working for him.
- Where required shall act as nominated officer for the GMDSS station with responsibility for associated tests and records.
- He/She is responsible for the upkeep of the Recreational and Technical library.
- The Third Officer must carry out any lawful command and delegated duty as issued by the Master.
- He/She is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all deck portable firefighting equipment and lifesaving appliances.
- He/She is responsible to the Master for the completion of records of on -board training.
The right candidate should:
- Be a Nigerian seafarer
- Have a minimum of three months experience on a Gas Tanker, preferably LNG tanker
- Have a minimum of OOW Deck Certificate of Competency issued by a Maritime Agency approved by the Bermuda flag. (See link https://bsma.bm/seafarers/)
- Be 18 years of age or above.
- International Passport
- Seaman’s Discharge Book
- STCW Mandatories (PSSR, PST, Fire Fighting and Prevention)
- STCW Advanced certificates (PSCRB & Advanced Fire Fighting approved by Bermuda Flag)
- Yellow Fever Card
- Human Element and Leadership Management (Operational Level)
- NAEST (Operational Level)
- Medical First Aid
- Safety Officer Certificate
- Designated Security Duties
- Shipboard Security Officer.
- Advanced Gas Tanker certificate
- Advanced Liquefied Gas Tanker Endorsement
- ECDIS certificate
- Efficient Deck Hands
- Gas Tanker Familiarisation
- Sperry ECDIS Type-Specific
- Seafarer Medical Certificate approved by Bermuda flag.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Fill the online application form and upload your CV and other documents.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to an outright disqualification of such candidate(s).
Application Deadline 10th April, 2022.