One Acre Fund Nigeria – Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria Rural Retail District Coordinator
Location: Minna, Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
About the Role
- You are fluent in Hausa and English, you understand Agricultural practices and local knowledge of Niger State.
- Your responsibilities will include documentation, site scouting and negotiations, assisting in RRT set up Activities.
- Post set up, you will manage the shops under your district cover areas such as staffing, inventory management and reporting.
- You will report to the Rural Retail Lead.
- Liaise between regional branches and other RR members.
- Ensure that customer service levels are consistent across stores.
- Make recommendations on shop related matters to RRT.
- Collaborate with other teams to provide necessary program-related documentation.
- Location Scouting and Shop Set-up
- Recruit and manage store managers.
- Manage store operations and handle operational problems that arise under your district
- Ensure that marketing efforts are consistent across each store.
- Set district goals such as sales estimates and revenue projections.
- Manage a district budget and ensure that each store operates within the budget.
- Monitor each store’s P&L reports.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- University Graduate / HND in Agricultural Extension, Agricultural Economics or other Management Courses or Business Management or related field.
- Willing to be based within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Professional, good human relationships, motivated, flexible, and culturally sensitive
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in Hausa
- 2+ years experiencein Retail, Marketing or Sales Management
Career Growth and Development:
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Nigeria.
Health insurance, paid time off.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th June, 2022.
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process.
- Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address.
- Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]),but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.