Concerned Youths for Development Initiative (CYDI) was established in 2014 for the purpose of organizing the inadequately served populations (ISPs) to make informed decisions on their sexuality, reproductive health, and access and enjoy fundamental human rights. CYDI was registered with Benue State Ministry of Women Affairs on the 11th December, 2015 while the Cooperate Affairs Commission’s registration took place on the 7th April, 2016 with registration number CAC/IT/NO 86245. CYDI is also registered with CiSHAN Plateau State.
CYDI is a competent key population-led community-based organization working for the “Inadequately Served Populations” (ISPs), especially People Who Inject Drugs (PWIDs), to provide health care and human rights services. CYDI is a non-for-profit-making, non – religious and non – political organization which envisions “a Nigeria where all youths access and enjoy fundamental human rights”. This, we do, by working with youths in the achievement of integrated development through inclusive participatory platforms and innovative community partnerships.”
CYDI’s ultimate goal is “to contribute to reduction in number of youths whose rights are being violated due to illicit drug use and are often criminalized. In order to achieve this, we uphold the following core values: excellence, courage and conviction, accountability, team work, transparency, partnership, integrity, mutual respect, confidentiality, humility, equity and justice, honesty. CYDI’s thematic and/or service areas include: HIV Prevention, Advocacy and Human rights, Gender Mainstreaming, Vocational Skills Training, Referrals and Linkages to adequate services including services for overdose management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Location: Jos, Plateau
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the M&E Manager at the Head Office, the desired candidates will work with the Strategic Information Officer to support the implementation of robust monitoring and evaluation systems at all program sites.
- He/she will conduct timely review and analysis of the project’s data for CYDI at the implementing site and provide monthly report to the M&E Officer at HQ.
- Serve as a data connector between CYDI and SFH throughout the implementation period.
- Be in custody of all relevant information, data, or document of any format pertaining to the NAHI project and CYDI in the implementing site for the organization.
- He/she will support the development and tracking of M&E work plan for the Global Fund grant and implement capacity building plan for CYDI in collaboration with Society for Family Health (SFH).
- He/she will provide technical assistance to CYDI in the implementing sites in setting up and maintaining M&E systems (collection, analysis, reporting and use of output data for program improvement).
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a First Degree in Behavioural / Social Sciences, Public Health, Demography, Biostatistics, Statistics or relevant field. A Master’s degree in public health or a related field will be of added advantage.
- Must have minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the field of HIV prevention for KPs (FSW, MSM, TG and PWID)
- Must have intermediate knowledge of SPSS or STATA or knowledge of DHIS, MS-Access or other compatible database software will be of added advantage.
- Must have experience conducting monitoring visits, utilising checklists and other tools, including the ability to develop M&E tools as needed.
- Knowledge of Global Fund projects, regulations, compliance and reporting requirements is added advantage.
- Must possess the ability to analyse and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data to inform programming.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV in MS Word format to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail. E.g: Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer – Jos.
Application Deadline 30th July, 2022.
- Only electronically submitted CVs will be regarded.
- CYDI offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from male and females, and candidates from any part of the country are encouraged to apply.
- However, applications will be reviewed on rolling basis as received. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- CYDI is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in line with our Human Resource policies