Street Child is a UK charity, established in 2008, that aims to create educational opportunity for some of the world’s most vulnerable children. Street Child began its work in Sierra Leone in 2008 working with a small number of street children, eight years later we have helped to transform the lives of more than 50,000 children across Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nepal. In 2017, we launched our first project in Nigeria helping children impacted by conflict in the North East to access education.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager, EFECT Programme
Location: Abuja or Maiduguri – Borno, with frequent travel across
Sierra Leone & Liberia
Contract Length: Two years Fixed term contract
Contract Type: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Reporting to: Programme Manager, EFECT Programme
- We are seeking an outstanding MEAL Manager for an exciting new $12.8m programme which will be implemented across Sierra Leone, Liberia and North-East Nigeria.
- The Education For Every Child Today (EFECT) programme will enable 96,000 children to access education over the next 4 years.
- The MEAL Manager will lead the development and implementation of effective MEAL processes across all 3 contexts, working in close collaboration with the leadership and MEAL teams of Street Child’s excellent national partners. This role reports to the EFECT Programme Manager, with specialist support from the Global Advisory Team.
- The key objective of this role is to lead the development and implementation of strong monitoring, evaluation and learning processes across the EFECT programme.
- The role will work in close collaboration with country/partner MEAL teams to adopt, adapt and contextualise tools, and coordinate collection, cleaning, and analysis at the cross-country level. The successful applicant will work to strengthen the MEAL capacity of our national partners and will co-ordinate between country teams to ensure data flows into programme adaptation and effective donor reporting.
- Lead on MEAL across the EFECT programme, liaising with Street Child and partner MEAL staff and global advisory teams
- Develop, implement and adapt the EFECT programme MEAL framework, including tool design & rollout
- Lead the design and implementation of baseline, midline, endline assessments and annual reviews
- Provide strong support to EFECT programme staff and partners on data collection, cleaning and analysis at the cross-country level
- Work with country teams and partners to create a strong learning culture and support a joined -up approach to data management and sharing
- Work closely with the EFECT Programme Manager to meet internal and external reporting requirements
- Conduct comprehensive site-assessments to assure the integrity and quality of programme data.
- Generate regular and consistent evidence, ensuring this is disseminated and incorporated into programme adaptation
MEAL Capacity Strengthening:
- Conduct coaching and mentoring of country and partner MEAL teams and provide training, guidance and advice to Street Child and partner programmes staff to ensure effective use of tools
- Collaborate closely with country leadership teams to identify MEAL capacity gaps within the local partners
- Directly support local partner programme leads to enhance their MEAL skills and abilities.
Nigeria Programme Management Support:
- Oversight of EFECT inception & programme review in Nigeria
- Support EFECT narrative and financial reporting for Nigeria
- Support proposal development for EFECT match funding for Nigeria
- Management of Nigeria EFECT programme manager (tbc).
- A strong commitment to Street Childs vision, mission and values
- Adhere to all Street Child’s policies and procedures
- Represent Street Child appropriately both internally and externally
- Carry out all reasonable requests that are within the broad remit of the role
- Degree or Higher in International Development or related field; or attendance at specific relevant training courses in MEAL.
Essential Experience and Knowledge:
- Relevant field experience of development programming, with a commitment to and respect for local partnership.
- Demonstrable experience of grant management.
- Relevant experience of working in support of local partners
- Demonstrable experience of capacity building with national staff
- Demonstrable experience of donor reporting.
- Demonstrable experience developing/delivering MEAL approaches, including logical frameworks and ToC
- Experience of MEAL tool design, delivery and training.
- Experience of data collection, cleaning and analysis.
- Strong working knowledge of education, child protection and livelihoods approaches
- Strong working knowledge of the Sierra Leone, Liberia or NorthEast Nigeria context.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent understanding of current MEAL approaches and an ability to develop MEAL systems
- Ability to analyse and evaluate data to produce learnings
- Ability to skilfully balance independent working with wider teamwork with both UK and international teams
- Proven coaching/capacity building skills
- Excellent written and spoken communications in English (additional languages welcome)
- A ‘can-do’, and agile attitude, a passion for problem solving and adaptive thinking.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Covering Note explaining why you think you could make an extraordinary impact in this role to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- We are particularly interested in qualified national candidates, interested in a long term commitment to this role.
- Street Child welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and so interested candidates are encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 22nd April, 2022.