The Nigerian Women’s Trust Fund (WF) was created in 2011 to increase the representation of women in Nigerian governance at all levels and address the growing concerns about the gender imbalance in elective and appointive positions. The goal of the Fund is to institutionalize access to resources for women in politics in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Work in Abuja (with travels to other parts of Nigeria)
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 5 years, renewable yearly
Reports to: CEO
- Under the guidance of the CEO, the Programme Coordinator of NWTF and her partner organization, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have the following specific responsibilities and will provide the following deliverables:
- Develop and strengthen monitoring and evaluation plan and procedures.
- Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project outputs.
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success.
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities and provide inputs, information, and statistics for quarterly, annual, and other reports.
- Participate in annual project reviews and assist the project coordinators of NWTF and her partner organization in preparing relevant reports.
- Record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way.
- Assist the project personnel of NWTF and partner organization in the donor funded project with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Provide feedback to the project coordinators of NWTF and its partner organization on project strategies and activities.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results and update (if needed and in accordance with the donor guidelines), the project documentation to reflect potential modifications in the activities.
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results.
- Suggest strategies to the project coordinator and NWTF copartner organization for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities; potential synergies with other components or risks of duplications and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Support the project coordinators of NWTF and its partner on demand and implement all required working tasks.
- Bachelor’s and or Postgraduate Degree in Political Science, international relations, Gender and Development, or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation.
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E / MIS in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs / UN bodies / Government.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and
- production of reports.
- Experience drafting reports and expertise in analyzing data using statistical software.
- Prior working experience within national and or international organizations and experience of working with donor funded projects is an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology.
- Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies.
- Significant experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems,
- Minimum of 2 years working with NGOs in the Nigerian democratic context
- Excellent interpersonal, multicultural and team building skills.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in spreadsheets, database, and statistical applications.
- Traditional Office hours of 8am – 5pm weekdays.
Negotiable and competitive within the sector.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply