GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements her program through a revitalized partnership. It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people better, those affected by disaster or crisis. GPON is presently operating in the Northeastern regional part of Nigeria where we have reached over 100,000 lives with relief materials, child protection services. GBV mitigation services, livelihood skill-building, health services, and Education support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (MEAL) Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation manager, and the project officers
- He / She will be responsible for ensuring proper monitoring of GPON field projects and proper collection and collation of quality data of the GPON ongoing project implementation and the development and conduct data cleaning for easy and quality analysis.
Data Collection Tools and Database Design:
- Develop tools for collecting regular projects’ activities and performances
- Work with partner staff in designing both data collection tools and electronic templates
- Design a strategy to collect filed level information required by GOALPrime, donors, and/or stakeholders
- Work with the M&E and program team in standardizing the project M&E tools.
- Take part in the design of Microsoft Excel databases to store project/program accomplishment data
- Work with the M & E manager in designing data collection templates for surveys that need to be conducted internally
- Take part in designing electronic data entry templates for mobile/tablet data collection
Collection and Analysis:
- Make sure the responsible persons for each and every data elements to compute project performances are assigned
- Closely work with front line staff and volunteers to ensure that projects data collected in a timely fashion
- Communicate and orient responsible partners or program staff on the use of the tools they are responsible for
- With the support of project teams, ensure high-quality monitoring data in a timely manner: collate / organize data for reporting
- Partake in routine monitoring missions as scheduled
- With the support of M&E officer, train enumerators on the administration of various Environmental Health questionnaires and data collection tools related to project monitoring, baseline, and evaluations
- With the support of M&E officer, train casual staff, data entry operators on data entering.
- Apply data cleaning techniques to ensure the quality of data collected from the field
- Tabulate and cross-tabulate the field data for further analysis by the M&E manager
- Identify the data quality issues and bring them to the attention of the M&E manager with proposed actions
- Take part in the Data Quality Audits, share with program staff, and document findings
Key Contacts / Working Relationships
- Reports to the MEAL Manager
- Works with Facilitators for data collection.
- Regular and open communication with GOALPrime staff from all departments and field offices.
- Support donor Engagement and Fundraising. Ensure that funds for continuity and scale-up of Programmes/operations are secured at most 6 months into this contract.
- B.Sc / Higher National Diploma in statistics, computer science, IT; or in any related field with 1 – 2 years of working experience
- Knowledge of excel, power Bi software, and kobo collect is highly desired.
- Fluency in English is required
- Working knowledge of Hausa is an advantage.
- The position is located in Maiduguri with frequent travel to other field locations.
N148,000 net pay monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 3rd May, 2021.