Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motivated group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager
Job ID: 2022-3544
Reports To: Senior Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
- We are looking for an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for the organization to coordinate the organization routine data management looking at trends and working closely with program implementation for smooth program implementation and coordinate periodic evaluation and assessment.
- The position will work with the program team at the headquarters in Abuja, supervise M&E assistants and reports to the Senior Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Manager.
- Sound like you? Read on.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Strengthening organizational capacity in M&E methods and techniques.
- Ensuring data management systems align with different projects strategies.
- Ensuring that the electronic and paper-based platforms of data management meet donor requirement.
- Capacity building for field officers on guidelines for effective data capturing and reporting.
- Optimizing data documentation at health facility level by conducting Routine Data Quality Assurance (RDQA) exercises.
- Routine progress update on key indicators.
- Support the SRM&E Manager on all research activities
- Generate insight through analysis of survey data for report development using software such as SPSS, STATA etc.
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with:
- A First Degree in a relevant field (Statistics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Anthropology, Development Studies, Demography, Biological and Social Science etc)
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in the field of M&E and/or at least 2 years supporting research or M&E activities
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite, STATA and SPSS
- Language skills: Fluent English is essential.
- Ability to travel locally up to 40%.
- Have an understanding of medical ethics principles
- Passionate about working on international health and development, with a focus on all reproductive health issues and/or non-communicable diseases.
- Proven ability to work with people across diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to juggle multiple competing deadlines while staying organized and paying attention to details
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Collaboration: You will quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you will not succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
- Pragmatism: You will strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You will not be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it is the only way you will learn and improve.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Applications shall be reviewed on rolling bases.
- Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted.
- PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status