Women for Women International (WfWI) – In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
Since 1993, Women for Women International (WfWI) has helped over 500,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We directly work with women in eight countries, offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Location: Jos, Plateau
Reports To: Country Director
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager oversees and successfully implements WfWI – Nigeria county office monitoring and evaluation activities through implementing established Monitoring & Evaluation strategies and guidelines.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will work in coordination with the Social Empowerment Manager, Economic Empowerment Manager, and other relevant positions to ensure quality data collection, analysis, and reporting to HQ.
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager reports to the Country Director and is a WfWI – Nigeria Senior Management Team member.
Duties and Responsibilities
Program Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Develop field level framework and schedule of implementation for all components of the M&E system, in accordance with WfWI strategies and guidelines.
- Work in collaboration with the Director Monitoring, Evaluation and Research in the Washington DC (USA) headquarters to ensure that M&E activities in Nigeria are aligned with WfWI’s global strategic plan.
- Prepare weekly work plans and monthly reports for submission to the Country Director.
- Participate in country office strategy development and fundraising activities
- Prepare operational planning, representing the Monitoring and Evaluation Department, keeping team members informed of all changes in program strategy, policy, guidelines, and expectations.
- Coordinate closely with relevant program managers to facilitate the staff use of and training in all M&E forms.
- Promote a culture of “Lessons Learned” and best practices of M&E activities, ensuring that data and processes are discussed in appropriate forums and in a timely fashion for effective use in field activities.
- Manage and guide the M&E team and other country office staff in implementing all monitoring and evaluation activities, programs, and strategies.
- Coordinate with Social Empowerment Manager, Economic Empowerment Manager, and Finance and Logistics Coordinator to ensure that M&E data is integrated into all country planning, programming, and reporting.
- Oversee data collection, training staff and contractors in M&E activities, and track program participants and graduates.
- Coordinate unique evaluations, impact studies, and community assessments as needed.
- Carry out regular field monitoring visits to oversee program activities and identify areas where adjustments are needed for better M&E reporting.
- Compile reports on key M&E activities to fulfill data/ information requests from the country office and the Global Programs Unit in HQ, and maintain accurate communication records.
- Performance manages direct reports in line with Women for Women International’s performance management framework, including setting annual performance objectives, development plans, performance appraisal, and regular 1:1 meetings to review progress throughout the year.
- Conduct weekly M&E departmental meetings and oversee time and attendance and work planning and scheduling of all staff in the M&E department.
- Develop and implement a capacity-building plan for the M&E department staff according to need; provide on-the-job training, coaching, and support as required.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective use of the country office M&E budget.
- Ensure that expenses are reviewed and approved according to budget and need.
- Review monthly “budget vs. actual” reports to track actual expenditures against the projected budget and address changes needed.
- Provide required documentation to Finance and Logistics department as needed.
- Participate in new budget development and annual operational budget planning for the M&E department.
- Adhere to WfWI’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policies and the organizational values Empowerment, Integrity, Respect, Resilience.
- Disclaimer: The duties, responsibilities, and activities of this job description may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field preferred
- Ability and willingness to work with minimum supervision, and under pressure, and to meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to travel & work away from Country Office as required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English, including reading, writing, and speaking skills
- Language fluency in English and Hausa
- Proficiency in using the computer, Microsoft office suite, Outlook, and Microsoft Teams.
- 7 years experience with 3 years at managerial level in an INGO environment
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in gender issues and proven commitment to addressing gender inequalities in all areas of responsibility
- Experience in using participatory tools and methodologies for program identification, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work well as a part of a team and to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, program, and participants
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV, Cover Letter, and three (3) Professional References to: [email protected] using “Monitoring and Evaluation Manager” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 26th January, 2022.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview. No telephone inquiries, please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.