Malteser International has been working in Nigeria since 2017. In Northeast Nigeria and more specifically in Borno State, MI is currently active in the WASH sector for improving the lives of both the IDP population as well as the host communities. The WASH activities focus on improved access to safe water, sanitation, and hygiene. They include NFI distribution, solarization of boreholes, rehabilitation of hand pumps, construction of latrines and hygiene promotion. Malteser International thereby applies a participatory, gender sensitive and inclusive approach.
In support of our work in Maiduguri Nigeria, we are recruiting a motivated individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (m/f/d) – National position
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Start date: May 2022.
Duration of contract: Till December 31st 2022 with possibilities of extension
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will be based in Maiduguri Office.
- The position will support measurement in the Field Office.
- The Assistant will support the M&E officer in managing day to day M&E tasks arising in the Field Office and providing technical support to field teams to ensure effective implementation of the project.
- Assist in routine data collection and entry for various project interventions implemented in the field and ensure that complete, accurate, clean, and consistent data is shared with the M&E Officer for data analysis and action planning.
- Assist M&E officer in Ensuring proper filing and storage of M&E documents including questionnaires, monitoring reports, datasets, among others.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines.
- Support M&E officer in the compilation of Monthly reports through provision of timely accurate and updated data.
- Assist the M&E Officer in ensuring that an accountability mechanism is in place and utilized, according to the CHS.
- Submit to the M&E Officer weekly and monthly updates on M& E activities conducted in the field.
- Keenly track project progress through standardized data collection tools and methodologies
- B. Sc / HND equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or any relevant Social Science course
- 2 – 4 years experience.
- Strong report writing skills
- Proficiency in English language and fluency in the local language such as: Hausa, Kanuri, Margi, Shuwa, Madara (written and spoken would be an added advantage).
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Good leadership skills
- Strong technical knowledge in M&E sector
- Salary according to qualifications and experience
- Insurance package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th April, 2022.