Sigma Consulting is one of the fast growing Nigeria’s management and healthcare consulting firms. We work with top executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to cations and deliver the sustainable succes they desire. For more than 5 years, we’vebeen passionate about achieving better results for our clients, results that go beyond financials and uniquely tailored, pragmatic, hoilstic, sustainable and client oriented. Sigma has more than 41 consultants in major industries and provided services in 3 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The preferred candidate must have an interest in Oncology.
- To provide an opinion on patients referred from other units and to liaise with the Consultant Oncologists about these patients’ care in a timely manner.
- To be responsible for the care of patients in the clinic and to liaise with the consultant Oncology in the care of these patients.
- Explain procedures or prescribed treatments to patients.
- Promote health education in conjunction with other health professionals.
- Discuss and evaluate new pharmaceutical products with pharmaceutical representatives.
- Keep up-to-date with medical developments, treatment and medication.
- To contribute to quality improvement and sustainability of the organisation by participating in quality activities and ensuring flexibility within the role in order to respond to the changing needs of our patients.
- Respond to patients’ medical problems by referring to their history, carrying out diagnosis, treatment, counseling and referral, where necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality and impartiality at all times.
- Collect, record and maintain sensitive patient information such as examination results, medical history and reports.
- Any other assigned duties.
- To be on call as directed for Oncology.
- Medical Degree (MBBS / MD / MBChB)
- 2 – 3 years post-graduate medical experience
- Excellent patient management and interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to prevent and address stress and burnout
- Motivational communication skills.
- Valid practicing license
- Experience in a clinical oncological unit is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: There is no accommodation
Application Deadline 25th June, 2021.