Pfizer – Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait. That’s why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Manager
Job ID: 4845299
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Medical Manager reports directly to the Country Medical Director in the respective Market / Cluster.
- As a customer-facing medical function, the Medical Manager Provide education on the clinical impact of Pfizer medicinal products to help inform customer decision-making and improve patient outcomes through the communication of real-world data and scientific evidence.
- Maintain a required level of knowledge of relevant TA/disease states and Pfizer medicines, providing therapeutic area/product information to both internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Medical Manager is responsible for KOL management related to therapeutic specialty and is the medical partner for KOLs in the markets.
- Share Medical insights from the customers, and identify opportunities for collaboration to improve patient care.
- Demonstrate expertise in communication across multiple channels, including, live and virtual presentations in small or large settings, written communication, or virtual conversations
- Respond to unsolicited requests from customers regarding scientific interpretation of clinical information
- Identify Disease area / Customers’ unmet Medical needs and exchangethese gaps with the local stakeholders to feed the internal Medical and Marketing Strategies
- Provide the necessary medical support to Clinical Research, MI, Public Affairs, Regulatory departments.
- Medical Manager is responsible of reviewing and approving grants based on merits and scientific content.
- Execute local research projects and local publications based on the identified Medical gaps.
- Appropriately engage with key stakeholders within the market, (universities, Health Authorities, Academic institutes..)and other medical/healthcare associations, to understand their patient health priorities and identify opportunities that align with the strategic Medical objectives of Pfizer
- Execute the local Medical strategies in alignment with the Regional Medical Strategies, and engage with the customers, compliantly coordinating with other Pfizer colleagues as needed to achieve Medical objectives.
- To utilize knowledge and skills to design and execute educational programs to create a level of scientific awareness about relevant disease areas.
- These Medical Programs are to be aligned with the Marketing and Company strategies and can be in the form of Local /regional workshops, scientific symposia, local & Int’l speakers’ tours, advisory boards either virtual or face to face.
- Internal (Marketing – Sales – Regulatory – Clinical Research – Medical Information – legal-Public Affairs-Health and Value, Regional Medical and Global Medical Teams)
- External (KOLs, Speakers, Decision Makers, Local Medical Societies, Health authorities).
Required Skill Sets
- Medical background (MBBCh or MD)
- More than 3 years’ experience in the medical affairs
- Demonstrate clinical and technical expertise: Experienced in interpreting scientific data, capabilities in medical writing and authorship
- Full awareness of pharmaceutical industry codes, policies, local regulations as well as FCPA
- Experience with regulatory, clinical research and pharmacovigilance
- Possess strong strategic, analytical, self-awareness, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a strong patient-centric, customer-focused approach with the utmost medical professionalism
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills: ability to manage and handle conflict constructively.
- Demonsrate the ability to Work within a matrixed, multi-disciplinary team
- Well-organized with the ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands.
- Rapidly adopt and utilize new digital technology and other resources with medical customers and record medical interactions
- Effectively manage through and lead change in an ever-changing and evolving external health care environment.
- Ability to both provide and receive constructive feedback
- Collaborate effectively and demonstrate teamwork with peers, internal stakeholders and external customers that inspires alignment and partnership on a shared vision or strategy
- Maintain effective and appropriate communication and collaboration among peers to create business impact
- Strong analytic skills including creativity and effectiveness in proactively identifying and addressing challenges
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong comprehension and communication skills, including ability to communicate large amounts of scientific information in a manner that is clear and concise
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates