Peak Diagnostic Services was established in June 2005 in the city of Lagos, Nigeria, and began full medical laboratory services and clinical operations in February 2006. The company, which started out with just two employees and one specialist has, today, grown, into a full medical laboratory that offers professional services to both local and international communities. We help ensure accurate and timely diagnosis, informing appropriate treatment decisions, beer healthcare, and improved clinical outcomes. Our equipment, expert technicians, and dedicated laboratory practices will ensure that results are always delivered quickly and accurately.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician
Job Type: Full Time
- We are looking for a qualified Lab Technician to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. You will be handling sensitive equipment to analyze samples or substances and conduct tests reporting findings to a laboratory manager.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in working under possibly hazardous conditions (pathogens or chemicals). The successful candidate will be well-trained to maintain safety conditions and will be passionate about doing work that makes things move forward.
- The goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results that can be used to make a difference.
- Receive, label, and analyze samples (blood, toxic, tissue, etc.)
- Design and execute laboratory testing according to standard procedures, make observations, and interpret findings.
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility.
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are always followed strictly and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
- Organize and store all chemical substances, fluids, and compressed gases according to safety instructions.
Requirements and Skills
- A Licensed Medical Laboratory Technician licensed by the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN).
- Proven experience as Lab Technician or relevant position
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Valid laboratory technician license.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Understanding of electronic and computerized equipment in laboratories.
- Experience in operating electrical and non-electrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, infectious bacteria, biohazards, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of QHSE Systems, preventative measures, and laboratory best practices
- Excellent physical condition and endurance
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems
- Successful candidates will be entitled to run Day Shift (8am-5pm) and Night Shift (5pm-8am).
N50,000 – N100,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 25th July, 2022.