INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
General Purpose of the Position
- The MEAL manager is responsible for ensuring that M&E reporting and data sets are in line with mission-wide reporting requirements.
- Assess training needs and engage MEAL team staff to roll out the training program.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Supports Project Managers (PMs) and Sector Coordinators in developing and maintaining updated project-specific M&E Plans, tools and frameworks in line with programmatic needs.
- Supports PMs in preparation of reporting, evaluations, and planning meetings.
- Supervises development and implementation of Accountability and Complaints Response Mechanism, including visibility and information sharing, receipt and logging of complaints, and provision of appropriate responses.
- In close coordination and cooperation with HoB, takes lead on preparing and organizing learning and information sharing workshops between MEAL and project teams.
- Develops and supervises the logging and follow up on MEAL related feedback in a Program Feedback Tracker.
- Engages with project teams, sector coordinators & HoB to support the dissemination of project lessons.
- Contributes towards review, revision and development of data collection tools, methodologies, and standardized reporting templates.
- Ensures that M&E reports are submitted to Programs to fulfil donor reporting requirements.
- Ensures MEAL reporting and data sets are consistent with mission-wide reporting requirements, of high quality and on time.
- Ensures that MEAL activities are applied across all projects, and comply with the MEAL Plans.
- Manages MEAL Team with direct line management of MEAL team members. Provide M&E induction training.
- Facilitates building of project and MEAL team members in planning, the value of MEAL and technical skills. Accountability, knowledge sharing and organizational learning.
- Advanced University Degree in relevant study.
- Experience in leading monitoring and evaluations for core donors (OFDA, UN, ECHO, etc.);
- Experience with team management/supervision and capacity building of teams.
- Minimum of 5 years in humanitarian and/or development context & 3 years as MEAL manager;
- Experience in leading the MEAL development and roll-out for multi-sector programming;
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation
- Strategic Vision & Service Orientation.
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Attach CV with the following format “Surname, Position you applied for”.
- Only applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
- INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment
Application Deadline 2nd September, 2021.