Epson Europe B.V. is a global leader in imaging technologies. We make things that help people and businesses see the world a little differently. We’ve created an array of award-winning products for consumer, business, government, medical, finance and retail markets across the world. Our factories, based across the globe, manufacture a range of products that includes printers, scanners, projectors, point-of-sale terminals, smart glasses, GPS sports monitors, heart rate activity monitors and industrial robots.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Development Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
- Working in Nigeria and developing markets you will be responsible for emerging territory’s growth, this role is designed to capitalise on opportunities for demonstration, training and showcasing Epson products. You will be Epson product evangelist for the region.
- The Market Development Manager role will provide demonstration and training support on all Epson products to market. The role will need to understand the customer/partner requirements, align and put them in scope with Epson’s product portfolio to provide demonstration, training and support and identify new new market and business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a market development strategy, including a detailed market analysis (TAM, SAM, SOM) and a mid-term business plan
- Define a clear value proposition and product positioning for specific segments/regions/channel partners and create the whole Go-to-Market strategy for new product launches.
- Develop direct contact with key targeted end-users and identify opportunities for business development across designated markets
- Be the first point of engagement for end user enquiries
- Implement an active programme of demonstration/training for key end-users
- Take an active role at demo exhibitions and events to maximize customer engagement for the designated product group.
- In conjunction with the sales team, formulate a product / system proposal delivering more value to customers at better margins through optimally defined solutions.
- Co-ordinate the feedback of information and market intelligence to sales and Business Management to support the development of a balanced pipeline of opportunities for the business.
- Coordinate closely with the Product Management teams to develop innovative and impactful collateral materials that communicate the value proposition to specific segments/regions.
- Follow market trends, visit relevant industry events and maintain relationships with key industry partners and customers.
- Develop an understanding of the market across a broard range of vertical B2B sectors relevant to the designated product group and develop appropriate propositions for Epson products to address these markets and customer requirements. Delivering more value to customers through optimally defined profitable solutions
- Recruit value adding partners onto our +Plus Partner Programmes within specified criteria and motivate them to build profitable business based on Epson products
Skills and Experience:
- The Market Development Manager must have specialist knowledge in the markets and products for the market they will be investigating
- Must understand channels and other partnering to define the most effective route to market for new products.
- Ideally educated to degree level in technical specialism.
- Computer literate in Windows server environment
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Innovative, but logical approach to problem solving with a solution orientation
- Must have the ability to identify the opportunities and the analytical skills to interpret and translate this data / information into a comprehensive market approach
- Must have strong communication skills to convince stakeholders both internally and externally and be the focal point to get the consensus on how to approach this market.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply