Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Development Executive – Africa
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Purepay – Transaction Switching & Payment Processing
- To support the growth of PurePay’s diaspora processing business by identifying and engaging potential customers.
- Identifying and engaging potential business partners.
- Managing existing customer and partner relationships.
- Promote adoption of PurePay’s processing products and services.
- Provides excellent and customer-focused business deelopment and account management activities for designated customers and products:
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with key customers utilising products.
- Proactively liaises with customers for feedback on services rendered and ensure that issues are promptly escalated and/or addressed.
- Monitors activities of the team to ensure business development and service targets are achieved.
- Analyse performance results and develops tactical initiatives to bridge identified gaps.
- Communicates customer requirements to the Operations and Project team and work with them to ensure that products are delivered to customer requirements and in line with agreed terms.
- Drafts MOUs, NDAs, SLAs, OLAs for review by the unit lead and for onward transmission to Legal team for the purpose of closing a business or developing new business.
- Reviews legal documentation with prospective partners or customers for the purpose of closing or developing new business.
- Responds to customer requests for advice on Switching and Processing queries.
- Assists in or produces business case documents for new product or service offerings development.
- Develops proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Conducting seminars and participating in meetings with clients and external vendors or advisors
- For new business that are acquired, works with relevant Interswitch teams / colleagues to support customers through the transition from project completion to transaction generation.
- Performs market research and analysis and monitors external and internal environment for development of new market segments
- Assists in developing an evaluation process to gain feedback from customers and providing market feedback to the Lead, Market Development – Africa to meet market demands and generate product development ideas
- Keeps abreast of trends and developments in payment technology, products practices and operations
- Receives feedback from customers for improvement of products and services
- Post-award engagement: visiting customers to discuss on how to improve services.
- Builds relationships that are of value with the customers.
- Learns what the competition is doing in terms of customer pricing, experience in the local market, their alliances, credibility etc
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining for the division the findings of our competitor analysis
- Organises quarterly review of the competitor analysis
Operational / Admin Responsibilities:
- Prepares and submits periodic reports to the Lead, Market Development – Africa on the activities of the team for management decision making
- Business development reports (lead generation, actual vs targets etc) o customer and product revenue reports
- Handles all customer or partner inquiries
- Customer engagement reports
- Academic Qualification(s): Good First Degree (preferably in a Business-related discipline).
- Other Competencies: Language capabilities in French (speech, reading and translation to and from English).
- Experience (Number of relevant years): 4 years relevant experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th April, 2022.