International Breweries Plc – Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Manufacturing Systems Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- An exciting career opportunity exists for a highly skilled and result driven Manufacturing Systems Manager in Ilesa Plant reporting to the Technical Services Manager, Ilesa Plant.
- The incumbent will be accountable for the management and execution of the Control and Automation function within the brewery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures strategic alignment to tech supply strategy and global technical standards (GTS) for automation
- Accountable for the implementation and execution of the Control and Automation block of the maintenance pillar
- Provide process control engineering expertise to the line teams
- Implement and support all relevant C&A GOP’s
- Deliver value through well managed and maintained systems
- Deliver value through continuous improvement within the brewery
- Act as plant interface to Solutions
- Clear and effective change management procedures for manufacturing systems
- Ensure resource availability to execute projects in brewery
- Provides C&A operational support at brewery level to ensure maximised productivity, efficiency and availability
- Ensure integrity of the control layer including MES integration
- Accountable for system BCP and DRP plans for the brewery
- In partnership with Solutions, develop and implement approaches to hardware and software obsolescence
- Accountable for manufacturing system security
- Facilitate team problem solving and decision making
- Lead the manufacturing systems team in a manner that engenders ownership, empowerment and team interaction
- Lead the development of systems’ team goals and ensure these are communicated and understood by team members
- Comply with and administer Zone people cycle
- Ensure training needs analyses are conducted and training plans developed for team members
- Ensure appropriate competencies are developed in the team, and ensure cross skilling occurs within the systems team
- Strategy functional alignment to the business needs and the manufacturing way
- Alignment to the business strategy set by ZBS (Zone Brewery Support) and Solutions
- Partnering with zone maintenance and tech supply to define C & A roadmap for the brewery
- Assist in defining capital investment required to support the strategic plan as defined by ZBS.
- Ensure control and automation governance standards and practices are adhered to
- Ensure technology upgrades are in line with GTS standards
- Ensure audit findings are closed
- Contribute to the sharing of best practice between breweries
- Ensure adherence to antivirus and support patch requirements
- Vendor Management with support from ZBS/Solutions to enhance the effectiveness of C&A vendors
- Validation of system integrator effectiveness and quality. Necessary service level agreements to be in place with vendors
- Provide single point of contact between brewery and solutions
Qualifications, Experience and Skills required:
- HND / B.Sc in Electrical Electronic or Mechatronics Engineering
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- 3+ years in Controls & Automation experience.
Must be conversant with:
- Networks and servers
- Microsoft server software
- S88 batch control standard
- Field instrumentation and networks
- Manufacturing Execution systems (MES)
- PLC systems
- Manufacturing processes
- SCADA systems.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Proactive with high energy levels
- Ability to anticipate situations and take charge
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Good Interpersonal & People Management Skills
- Attention to detail.
- Curiosity and desire to learn
- Ability to optimise to improve or automate routine tasks
- Takes accountability for performance improvements within production
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information and Notice
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements.
- We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for shortlisting