Ernst & Young (EY) is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Research / Thought Leadership
- The role entails delivering impactful analysis and insight across customer groups for the Health Sciences & Wellness domain in accordance with the priorities agreed in the domain’s Integrated Knowledge Plan.
- These priorities may cover supporting key accounts throughout the project lifecycle, strategic solutions, providing an insightful perspective on a specific market or sector, supporting a service line strategy, conducting detailed financial modelling or developing market-impacting points of view to support a domain’s go-to-market priorities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Proactive approach to identifying and curate materials, credentials, debriefs and other information, particularly from key engagements, that are relevant within and across domains, and sharing that information in appropriate formats with teams and communities (eg accounts, solutions, sub-service lines).
- Identify cross-sector Point of View (POV) sharing opportunities and seek opportunities to collaborate with other domain teams on issues that cut across EY’s business activities.
- Support the collection of benchmarking data from pursuits, engagements and proprietary research to enhance the depth of data available on the EY Benchmarking database and to the broader firm, and use data from EY Benchmarking to support domain priorities.
- Act as a role model within EY Knowledge and the domain and positively influence change by: leading by example; championing knowledge-sharing behaviors; connecting people; encouraging enterprise-wide sharing; and appropriately leveraging and reusing existing collateral.
- Strong focus on research competency with active participation in R&I competency development offerings related to research leading practices
- Provide thought provoking analysis and understanding of the Healthcare and/or Life Sciences industry (or topic of the assigned project, as applicable), with responsibility for the execution of initiatives based on a good knowledge of the Healthcare and/or Life Sciences /topic’s dynamics and drivers.
- Support engagement with domain stakeholders and internal customers to provide a big-picture perspective on the issues, challenges and opportunities facing the domain, preparing impactful analysis on the implications of those trends for EY and its clients.
- Support pursuits and engagements demanding deal making analysis, strategizing therapeutic segment divestment options, and identifying potential deal targets.
- Perform valuations for management planning, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), detailed financial modelling
- Support development and co-creation of insights beyond publicly available information by interacting with Senior Analysts, account teams, engagement teams and service line colleagues to extract, update, share and use appropriate content.
- Develop relationships within priority accounts/solutions/service lines/markets and collaborates with domain customers and EY Knowledge colleagues to deliver research, analysis and insights that support business development activities and service delivery to clients (including for relationship building initiatives and specific engagements).
- Provide research, analysis and insight support to major pursuits, including working with other EY Knowledge and Global Markets teams to deliver relevant analysis on market sizing, market share and market performance.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- 6-7 years’ experience in strategy, business analysis, industry research, management consulting or business performance, advising organisations majorly in the Healthcare or Life Sciences domain)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Master’s degree or postgraduate qualification an advantage
- Experience of market entry assessment, portfolio reviews, commercial due diligence and detailed financial modelling will be an added advantage
Skills and attributes for success:
- Demonstrates ability to use both qualitative and quantitative research and analysis methodologies, including financial analysis skills, to synthesize information, review data inputs and provide analytic insights
- Adept at using strategically sound analytical methodologies and capable at coaching less-experienced team members to improve their skills in research, analysis, data analytics and visualization.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze information coherently and succinctly. Able to bring together a variety of perspectives and sources across the domain to deliver impactful analysis that supports business priorities.
- Confident in understanding multiple business drivers and the root causes of trends.
- Capable at identifying issues and trends that translate into key market-facing initiatives and opportunities for EY.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Limited direct supervision responsibility but must help to cultivate a high-performance teaming environment with analysts in a global, multi-cultural and virtual environment
- Reviews the work of colleagues and mentors their skills development
- May help to manage multidisciplinary project teams, often working virtually across service lines and geographies
What we look for:
- He/she works closely with the GDS Domain Team Leader, the Cluster / Domain Knowledge Leader, and global senior Domain Analysts to support the domain’s leadership and other senior stakeholders, providing impactful analysis and insights to help EY differentiate itself in the marketplace.
- The position may also participate in strategic initiatives to increase commercial impact of deliverables, improve efficiency and enhance service quality. Supervisory Associates also peer review deliverables and coach junior colleagues.
- This individual will be credible as a domain expert and will help to ensure the quality and delivery of outputs by knowledge staff located throughout the world to support the specific domain’s initiatives.
- The role requires the ability to combine good analytical skills and an inquisitive mindset with real-world perspective driven by an understanding of both EY practitioners’ experiences and broader marketplace drivers. A collaborative mindset is also crucial, as domain analysts have a key role to play in supporting networks within HS&W domain, sharing information across sectors, service lines, accounts, and using that information to further strengthen the quality of materials produced.
- The Assistant Manager will also work closely with colleagues in other domains to deliver on cross-sector / cross-service line topics and initiatives. This position requires awareness and understanding of other EY Knowledge functional competencies and services to support integrated teaming and the coordinated delivery of an integrated knowledge plan to domain stakeholders and customers.
What Working at EY Offers
- Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and continuous professional career development and initiatives designed to promote your personal and social well-being.
- We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance.
- You will have the flexibility and freedom to outline and manage your work plan and therefore have complete ownership of your role.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply