Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Inventory Control
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: Finance / Account
- We are looking for a passionate and experienced Inventory Control Manager who will analyze and coordinate the organization’s supply chain and manage the entire life cycle of the product.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement an inventory tracking system to optimize inventory control procedures.
- Examine the levels of supplies and raw material to determine shortages.
- Document daily deliveries and shipments to update inventory.
- Prepare detailed reports on inventory operations, stock levels, and adjustments.
- Evaluate new inventory to ensure it’s ready for shipment, and perform daily analysis to predict potential inventory problems.
- Present performance data to management, and propose improvements to management and customers.
- Stay current on advances in logistics technology and incorporate new technologies into procedures.
- Identify items as coming from or belonging to the customer, keep those items segregated from other production materials/tools, and maintain control of customer inventory.
- Lead a team of storage / warehousing personnel through the process of counting and recording inventory.
- Responsible for actual inventory counts; must be knowledgeable about inventory items to be counted, the counting procedures used, and the location of all inventories.
- Order new supplies to avoid inefficiencies or excessive surplus, and analyze different suppliers to obtain the best cost-effective deals.
- Design strategies to minimize the cost or time required to move goods.
- Review the success of logistical functions and identify areas for improvement.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or related discipline.
- Relevant professional accounting qualifications such as. ACA, ACCA etc.
- 7 – 10 years of relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Advanced accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal relationships and people management skills.
- Good communication skills(oral and written).
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Ability to gather, collate and analyze information/ data effectively and efficiently.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply