Biswal Limited provides high quality, bespoke services to the telecommunications industry. We pride ourselves on the acquisition, development and deployment of all resources required to allow a telecommunications company to provide excellent service to its own customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Team Support
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Team Lead
Supervises: Driver / Janitor
Purpose of Job
- The Team Support will be responsible for Installing and maintaining diesel power generating plants and related electrical equipment in the BTS sites throughout the state.
- Performs routine maintenance and repairs on equipment to include oil changes, lubrication, battery testing and replacement, filter replacement, tire inspection/replacement and electronic control systems adjustments and repair.
- Maintains records and logs of completed maintenance actions to meet minimum requirements for state inspectors.
- Keeps work areas free of hazardous conditions, grease or oil spills and excess supplies.
- Audit and analyse diesel utilization across the country.
- Track and manage the complete process of diesel deployment on all sites.
- Analyse diesel utilization and shortages on all sites across the country.
- Prepare estimates annual budgetary needs (OPEX) for assigned cluster..
- Provide technical information to each Regional Maintenance Supervisor of the various sites.
- Respond to monitoring alarms and troubleshoots equipment during emergency power outages and scheduled equipment exercise periods.
- Provides regular (weekly or as needed) updates including current operational and maintenance activities and issues being resolved.
- Evaluation and reporting of process flows with the aim of identifying areas for process improvement..
- Actively assist line managers in the development of team and individual quality and performance standards for front-line employees.
- Ensure diesel delivery notes, waybills and other documents are well recorded and stored.
- Obtain monthly sign-offs from Regional Supervisors/Heads on diesel supplied to all sites.
- Assist in the coordination and installation of diesel economizers to reduce OPEX in the region.
- Track diesel supply and consumption to reduce theft
- Assist the Quality Assurance Team Lead to ensure the implementation of the Quality Assurance recognition program in the Online and Walk In Assistance Centre.
- Conduct periodic audit for cluster ensuring service standards are adhered to.
- Identify and communicate audit gaps to all stakeholders, follow-up to ensure audit recommendations are implemented.
Health and Safety:
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Any other responsibilities as may be determined by the Regional Maintenance Supervisor.
Education / Professional Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field
- Project Management Training / Certification
- Relevant Postgraduate degree would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 1-3 years in diesel management and revenue assurance in a telecommunication industry.
- Engineering background in the area of Telecommunications with Wireless Telecommunications considered a valuable asset.
- Knowledge of Telecommunications Legislation
- Demonstrated ability to manage and interface with large multi-functional project teams.
- Must possess successful project management experience as well as experience in process engineering.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Maintenance Team Support” as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 29th January, 2021.