British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Lead
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Reports To: Line Lead
Seniority Level: Non-management
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The Maintenance Lead is responsible to “lead” a Team of Equipment Owners and Technicians for an Operating Line, Lines, or Making/Packing Operation.
- This is a pivotal and critical manufacturing role responsible for delivering the PQCDSM – Production, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale – results necessary to achieve the Compelling Business Need by rigorous application of RTT/ IWS tools.
- He drives and coordinates PM systems for own lines within the shift aimed at implementing scheduled maintenance tasks and fixing of identified defects to eliminate breakdown/maintenance related losses.
- 95% of individual’s time will be spent on the Operating Floor working with the team.
- This is the ultimate role during a shift.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Role model leadership, inclusion,and 5E’s
- Coach and develop Technical and Operating Team
- Support execution of personnel systems to grow capability of Technical and Operating Teams (skill blocks, team skill matrix and training plan, monthly assessments, confidentiality of data, time sheets, and time administrator)
- Perform monthly performance review with Operating team per defined and agreed scorecard/PAP.
- Responsible for driving project delivery and execution within own shift, on Lines and Cell.
- Flow to the work as needed to meet the business need
- Lead Shift Team through the IWS Phase Journey
- Coach Shift Team and support resources to comply with established standards and document standards for improvements made
- Deliver Shift Team capability for Changeover execution per Standard Work Practice at target time
- Support development and lead portions of loss elimination plans using IWS tools
- Deliver PQCDSM results for Cell
- Understand, follow, and insure compliance with QA and HS&E Key Elements Eliminate Root Cause of any outages
- Drive breakthrough results in Process Reliability, Planned and Unplanned Downtime while delivering against the Master Production Schedule
- Work with other Module leaders to maintain cohesive, responsive, flexible organization
- Lead interface with contract organization for support / issue resolution for Shift Team
- Lead the Shift Transition Meeting and Planned Stop huddles/critiques, per the Site DDS DMS
- Participate in monthly/Quarterly department leadership meetings
- Conduct monthly team briefing and meetings with direct reports
- Familiarize oneself and complies with all applicable and relevant business processes, procedure and policies.
- Rigorous application of IWS tools / execute standards
- Deliver Shift Team capability for Run to Target DMS execution
- AM single point contact for the Shift Team. Includes RTT DMS, step progression, and maintenance of standards
- Lead issue resolution “to Root Cause” on the floor of chronic stops
- Shift rotation with off-shift and weekend support subject to prevalent shift pattern and as dictated by business requirements; this could include call-in support in extreme cases.
- Travel less than 5%.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- The role holder will require an expert knowledge of cigarette making or packing machinery with at least 5 years of “hands on” experience of running these machines in a production environment, thereby gaining technical mastery of equipment and can develop it in others
- Knows how to benchmark with colleagues and influence people to deliver on common goals
- In addition, a good understanding of mechanical processes, both hands on and theory will be required.
- Understanding of storeroom operating strategies.
- Ability to develop and effectively coach/train Equipment Owners and other technicians.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills desired
- An academic qualification in City & Guilds (Engineering / Manufacturing / Transport Maintenance), NABTEB (Technical Trade), or National Diploma (Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics) from a recognised institution
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- A strong working knowledge of technical training, fault finding, troubleshooting techniques on both Making and Packing machines will be essential to the success of the role. Overall strong technical skills.
Competitive salary package + excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply