Creatrix Empire Limited is a Multimedia company that Provides a range of services not limited to developing designs, company logo creation, website design, flyers, posters and music promotion. Generally, Clients are unsure/unaware of the Potential benefits of Online Marketing and creating a Connection with their Target Audience and other Potential Clients. We are Concerned about how your brand is Presented and Perceived.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Magazine Editor
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- The Magazine Editor is in charge of the Company’s magazine which is produced quarterly. Magazine editors are communication specialists who plan, manage and produce magazines for readers.
- They create editorial calendars, develop story ideas, edit content and manage the production process by the effective delegation of tasks.
- Selecting articles for issues and planning publication contents.
- Generating ideas, reading, writing and researching features for articles.
- Setting publication standards and establishing goals and expectations.
- Suggesting stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with each edition and its targeted audience’s preferences.
- Oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors.
- Plan and monitor budget allocation for the publishing of each edition.
- Rewriting, editing, proofreading magazine content to ensure it is ready to go to press.
- Representing the magazine brand in relevant events, fairs and conferences
- Ensuring that all feature articles comply with ethical codes of practice and legal guidelines.
- Coordinating online or print publishing cycle and managing content areas.
- Research and generate list of possible cover stars for each edition.
- Commissioning features and stories from in-house writers or freelancers.
- Supervising staff, including freelance writers, and setting deadlines.
- Liaising with the Digital Marketer on content creation for blogs and vlogs for the magazine website.
- Driving sponsorship, adverts and promotions for the magazine.
- Develop realistic strategies for online and offline sales of published magazine edition.
- Liaise with the Social Media Manager on content curation for the magazine social media pages.
- Organize strategic meetings with editorial team from time to time.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience – Other Selection Criteria
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- 2 – 4 years work experience.
- Able to understand and influence target audience.
- Market knowledge: Good market knowledge and a network of contacts with authors, writers and other content producers.
- Has good understanding of content management systems; demonstrable experience in producing relevant content to target audience.
- Able to nurture long-term relationships with key publication influencers.
- Understands how job position supports the company’s strategic plan.
- Have a solid grasp of publication- understand the audience, their approach to the subject, etc.
- Good writing and editing skills.
- Analytic thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Organized, structured and in control: keeps track of multiple writers working on multiple stories.
- Astute: Keenly able to accurately assess a situation or person and turn it into an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet productivity standards and deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF format to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Applicants residing in Ikeja and its environs is an added advantage.
Application Deadline: 21st August, 2021.