Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Category: Logistics / Procurement
Reporting To: Operations Manager
Start Date: August 2021
- The Logistics Officer will provide support to the Operations Manager to ensure efficient management of the logistical aspects of the project.
- S/he will assist with providing logistic support and overseeing the logistic processes in support of the objectives of the organization.
- Safely and efficiently perform assigned processes to meet the required daily logistics activities.
- The Logistics Officer is responsible for providing logistic support and overseeing the day-to-day logistical aspects of the project in support of the objectives of the organization.
- The role will be responsible for the planning, oversight, and management and coordination of logistics support operations to ensure smooth accomplishment of projects.
- Ensure procurement files are properly documented and closed upon completion of an activity.
- Assist with monthly processing of airtime and data for the effective communication of staff.
- Coordinate all travel requests on TAMIS Classic for logistical support to staff, including arranging accommodation, car hire services, and processing of per diem and participants’ payments.
- Assist with managing of Blanket Purchase Agreements with travel agents, flight bookings and reconciliation of tickets purchased for staff and tracking of expiration dates of BPAs.
- Assist in management of office generators maintenance and ensure diesel tracking logs are maintained in a timely manner.
- Assist in the pre-qualification of vendors, procurement of goods and services, ensuring competitive vendor source selection, purchase orders, and blanket purchase agreements, and ensuring timely delivery of purchased items in accordance with DAI and USAID policies and procedures.
- Sorting of quotes received for each state from the procurement email and distribute to respective states in a timely manner.
- Perform other operations related duties as assigned.
- Any other duties in support of the activity as required by their supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or other relevant field.
- Working knowledge of US Government operations, policies, and procedures, and FAR regulations preferred.
- At least 4 years of experience in program operations, including procurement of goods and equipment, record management and logistics required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with a wide range of organizations, beneficiaries, and related parties.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience implementing operational policies and procedures (e.g. procurement, blanket purchase agreements, logistics etc.) required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please email all CVs to: [email protected] using the Job Title (i.e., “Logistics Officer”) as the subject of the mail.
Note: DAI will only contact shortlisted candidates
Application Deadline 12th July, 2021.