Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. The Foundation has been helping children in need for over 50 years, defending their rights regardless of their race, creed, or political affiliation. In over 30 countries, Tdh protects children against exploitation and violence, improves children’s and their mothers’ health, and provides emergency psychological and material support in humanitarian crises.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Logistics Manager supports the Support Services Coordinator (SSC) with regard to all the logistics components of the Delegation.
- S/he is responsible for the overall efficient, effective implementation of logistics Policies and procedures of the Tdh rules and regulations in compliance with donor and internal rules.
- S/He works in complete line with the project strategy defined for the intervention and his/her
- Procurement/Supply management
- Stock management
- Fleet management
- Equipment/Assets management
- Premises management
- HR management (Logistics team)
- Security/safety responsibility
- Procurement/Supply management
- Liaise with the programme team to develop a Procurement Plan for every new grant
- Emphasize quality and best value for money on all purchases
- Ensure best practices and adherence to Tdh logistics policies
- Ensure the regular and collection of all procurement/supply accurate data
- Handle framework and service contracts according to the established rules
- Ensure warehouse organizational policies are respected
- Follow up to ensure warehouse records are updated on time
- Carry out stock inventories quarterly
- Ensure the update and the communication of the monthly stock inventory
- Supervise stock movement follow up
- Make sure donations of stocks must follow donor guidance
- Ensure the safety of stocks is highly considered in the warehouse.
- Ensure proper adaptation of best practices in fleet management
- Under the supervision of the SSC, handle transportation contracts negotiation and follow up with suppliers
- Ensure a proper follow up of movement and fuel is in place (logbook, monthly fuel follow up, etc.) and share the analysis with the SSC on a monthly basis
- Ensure with the logistics team a proper setup and maintenance of the equipment
- Ensure the monitoring tools, including the follow-up and update of the equipment and accessories list are set up
- Guarantee the identification, registration, and labeling of all the equipment is properly and regularly done by the logistics team
- Ensure a physical inventory is done on regular basis and do spot-checks
- Handle rental and services contracts for all premises
- Ensure adequate and required equipment/furniture (with maintenance system) are in place and functioning
- Ensure with his/her team the follow-up and supply of office supplies
- Ensure qualitative management of the logistics team (recruitment, appraisal, training, disciplinary measures, …)
- Provide the SSC with monthly reports and forecasts (PSR follow-up, stock inventory, equipment follow-up, fleet follow-up, etc.)
- Support the National Security Focal Point in all security-related matters
- Adhere strictly to Tdh security rules
- Ensure that safety equipment is present, up-to-date, and in compliance in the different offices, guest houses, and project locations
- Participate in updating the country security plan and security/safety guidelines
- Attend any relevant meetings in his field of expertise (UNHAS, Log Cluster, work groups, partners, etc.)
- Provide team members with the necessary logistics support for the successful implementation of the projects (drafting, implementation, and monitoring phases).
Competencies and Skills
- University Degree in the Logistics field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Logistics Manager or similar position.
- Previous experience with (I)NGO.
- High sense of integrity, rigor, and flexibility.
- Strong organizational, time management, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral communication, writing, and reporting skills in English.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a volatile environment.
- Strong knowledge in the following fields: Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Fleet and Transport management, Warehouse/Stock management, Equipment management, Premises management
- Advanced IT knowledge (hardware and software).
- Proven experience in team management and budget management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter in a single Word Document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 9th May, 2022.