Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistician / Administrator
Location: Damboa, Borno
The Logistician / administrator is in charge of:
- Finance / Admin
- Human Resource
- Support Field Coordinator on matters of Security
- Hierarchical link: Field coordinator
- Functional link: Logistics coordinator, HR coordinator and Finance coordinator all based in Maiduguri
Procurement and Logistics compliance:
- Ensure procurement in its area of responsibility and in the respect of the MDM procedures, guidelines and policies.
Asset and stock Management:
- Follows the operational implementation of the stock, equipment and assets management as per MDM procedures, guideline and policies.
Technical Support & Capacity Building:
- If needed, and in coordination with Maiduguri support coordination team and Damboa Field Coordinator, suggests / develop / implement tailor-made trainings to key staff.
- Supervise the log / admin team and provide guidance / technical support.
Communication and representation:
- Suggest, where needed and identified, introduction of simple management tools to logistics Coordinator.
- Provide regular reporting on his / her activities to the Logistic coordinator upon his / her solicitation (coordination meeting, bilateral meeting, etc.), especially through MDM standard monthly reporting tools;
- Attend to meetings in line with Logistics in Damboa, or on delegation of the Field Coordinator.
Base Maintenance (guest house / office, pharmacy):
- Ensure the regular order for the compound (food, water, cleaning products…).
- Ensure the maintenance of the base (electricity, repairs) and good living / working conditions. Depending on the problems, fix it with or without the owner.
- Supervise the team of guards, including scheduling, in line with MDM HR policies.
Water and Sanitation Activities
- Provide support in implementations of the water and sanitation (WASH) activities as well the Infection prevention and Control (IPC) in MdM premises.
Vehicle Fleet / Generator Management:
- Follow up vehicle rental framework contract.
- Supervise the team of drivers, including scheduling, in line with MDM HR policies
- Supervise the planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on mission vehicles
- Establish vehicle movement schedules
- Ensure that a complete breakdown kit is available on board all vehicles
- Ensure that drivers are aware of their obligation to adhere to MDM safety rules and procedures
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly for both gensets/ vehicles
- Ensure proper and timely servicing and maintenance of vehicles and gensets
- Proper management of fuel
- Support the Field Coordinator in all aspects of security management for Damboa base.
- Make sure that all communication means are in place and well used by the team.
- Attend to security meetings on delegation of the Field Co and network closely with logistic departments of other humanitarian actors.
- Collect security reports and follow up.
- Support the Field Coordinator in the update, dissemination, adherence of the security pack by the team.
- Share with the Logistics Coordinator logistical report on monthly basis as per agreed timelines using the correct templates.
Human Resources and Administrative:
- Supporting the HR Coordinator in ensuring the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing / debriefing, evaluation, staff’s development and internal communication…).
- Filing and ensuring all staff files are up-to-date including the staff database for Damboa.
- Manage the filing, storage and security of documents
Finance / Admin:
- Support the Finance Co in the review of MRs, evaluation grids by ensuring the donor and saga code are completed.
- Responsible for the bookkeeping (Accounting) of the base under the line management of Finance Coordinator. Prepare and supervise the monthly closing, review and integration of the accounting for his / her base before sending to the coordination.
- Responsible for the management of the base treasury and sending of cash forecast to country office on bi-monthly bases; ensure the smooth transfer and security of funds at the base level.
- Supervise all disbursements, payments at the base level (in respect of donors’ budgets) and ensure the security of funds and safety of staff.
- Work with Admin officer in ensuring all entries in Saga are adequately supported and keyed in.
- Prepare and finalize the base fund forecast with Field coordinator and program managers.
- Update the budget Follow up and forecast on monthly bases and conduct a meeting to share the results with the team in Damboa.
- Participate and assist the finance coordinator in provision of data, preparation and timely submission of financial reports to donor / HQ and etc.
NB: This list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation.
Conditions of the job:
- Regular field visits to sites of intervention or assessment.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years work experience.
Training & Experience:
- Experience in working in an international NGO in emergency contexts.
- Experience in logistics, administrative, finance, and HR
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Able to prioritize and anticipate; reactive and flexible
- Ability to work under stressful situation
- Good communication skills
- Excellent Organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows environment (word, excel)
- English is mandatory (oral and written), and knowledge of country languages such as Hausa or French would be an Asset
Deadline: 1st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter via email: to: [email protected] using “Log / Admin Damboa” as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications without the above subject will not be treated.