Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a leading financial market infrastructure provider in Africa, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Team Lead – Commercial & Real Estate Unit
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Job
- The Nigerian Exchange needs a consummate legal professional with a strong personality, good people management skills, and the ability to manage the Commercial & Real Estate Unit of the Legal Services Department in order to provide advisory support services and manage and mitigate risk.
- The individual would be required to have a thorough understanding of The Nigerian Exchange’s policies, overall mission and strategy, as well as a strong legal background, including stellar academic credentials.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising in a qualitative manner legal documentation of all types, including simple and very complex contracts in respect of commercial and real estate matters within agreed timeframes.
- Providing enterprise wide legal support on a myriad of commercial and real estate legal issues in a timely and qualitative manner.
- Minimising the exposure of Nigerian Exchange Limited and its affiliates to legal liabilities.
- Ensuring compliance of the Nigerian Exchange Limited and its affiliates with all applicable laws, and providing sound legal advice on legal obligations and implications on their business conduct, transactions and policies.
- Relating as one of the representatives of Nigerian Exchange Limited or its affiliates with various Government agencies.
- Ensuring KPIs are met.
- Providing legal advisory services to the Board, and Board Committees, of Nigerian Exchange Limited and its affiliates in respect of commercial and real estate legal issues.
- Working with other business departments on commercial and real estate legal issues involving amongst other things operational, administrative, financial, labour and real estate related matters.
- Resolving commercial and real estate legal issues in line with the law, best practice and international standards.
- Ensuring cost effective service provision for all services provided by the commercial & real estate unit in accordance with SLAs.
- Drafting documents.
- Supervising and training junior attorneys in the Legal team.
- Participating as representative of the legal function in Committees and Projects across Nigerian Exchange Limited and its affiliates in respect of commercial and real estate matters.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of the Department.
Desired Competency and Skill Requirements
- Strong commercial, real estate and litigation background
- Resourceful, proactive, smart and agile working style
- Ability to own complex initiatives
- Superior project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated leadership and management ability in a complex organisation
- Sound business and legal judgment with problem-solving abilities
- Must be able to build strong partnerships with business and corporate staff, communicate to a wide variety of audiences in clear, understandable language
- Ability to employ perfect discretion in sensitive situations
- Strong and sound communication abilities including excellent verbal and written skills
- Strict attention to detail
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Comfortable influencing senior management to outcomes
Candidates’ Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- A law degree with a minimum of 9 – 15 years’ experience and at least 3 years of managerial experience.
- Proven track record of strong performance managing against deliverables.
- Top tier law firm experience in commercial, real estate and litigation matters.
- Experience in capital market transactions is a plus.
- Use of computer tools such as MS Outlook, and Word.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply