Mixta Africa is one of the first international and European groups to enter the Northern African Real Estate sector. Founded in April 2005, Mixta Africa specialises in property development projects in the African continent. The company was established with the objective of responding to the existing housing deficit in the African continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Legal Associate
Job Type: Full Time
Functions and Responsibility
- Provide legal advice, draft, review and negotiate agreements and other documents relating to corporate/project finance/ capital market financing/ private equity/mergers & acquisitions/construction (JCT & FDIC standard forms)/ conveyance (Deeds of Assignment, Contracts of Sale, Lease Agreements)/joint venture agreements/Public Private Partnerships/ Service Level Agreements
- Managing litigation matters in conjunction with external solicitors;
- Updating the unit’s library with laws and regulations affecting the company’s business operations
- Attending meetings as in-house counsel;
- mLiaising with external solicitors as required;
- Provide company secretariat services as may be required;
- Researching on general legal issues affecting the company’s business operations and provision of legal opinions;
- Work closely with business units and senior management in providing hands on support in the area of legal and regulatory advisory services;
- Handling any other legal matter as required by the Head of Legal & Corporate Services
- LLB, BL;
- LLM & MBA maybe an added advantage.
Skills / Competence Requirements:
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Good knowledge of laws regulating operations of businesses in the country; particularly the construction, real estate, financial services sectors.
- Understanding of public private partnerships relating to real estate development and private equity.
- 5 to 8 years post call experience in corporate and commercial legal practice or wellstructured international real estate/ construction/financial services organization
- Excellent communication skills, confident, with initiative, able to work independently as well as in a team, action oriented with ability to prioritize and manage varied and fast moving workload;
- Demonstrates leadership with business clients and other colleagues;
- Must have strong drive towards learning and self-improvement
- Ability to think strategically and adopt problem solving approach to issues;
- Organization and co-ordination skills
- Team building/conflict management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st August, 2022.