Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Learning and Development Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Head of Department HR
Unit: HR Department
Proposed Start Date: August 2022
Level: Manager / Supervisor
- Act as the focal point for coordinating workshops (both at the mission and HQ level) and training events;
- Work closely with the various internal stakeholder to coordinate the implementation of all mandatory trainings such as Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA), Basic Security Training, Action Against Hunger Induction Training, Code of Conduct Training, etc;
- Establish professional relations with all departmental heads and managers to gain an understanding of their ways of working and ensure that their learning and development needs are met;
- Discuss with the Heads of Departments (support and/or technical) to collect training needs, in line with the mission’s strategy;
- Prepare an annual report on performance management capturing the feedback from both staff and managers and feeding into the staff learning and development;
- Support the HRHOD to analyze the annual appraisal results, consolidate, and arbitrate between the different requests (trainings, individual progression, professional development);
- Submit monthly and annual training reports to the HRHOD including the training evaluation and impact assessment;
- Develop and maintain a training database containing all training information conducted in the mission.
- Liaise with the Country Director to approve and validate the training plan;
- Create an annual performance management calendar for the mission;
- Sensitize managers and employees on their roles and responsibilities in the performance management process;
- Ensure that all new joiners and employees in new positions have a probationary action plan at the beginning of the contract and a probationary appraisal at the end of the period;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Psychology, Business Management, or a closely related field;
- 3 to 4 years experience in training, employee development, leadership and organization development;
- Proven work experience as a Training Manager is an added advantage;
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs;
- Good computer and database skills;
- Excellent communication, planning and negotiation skills;
- Trainer of trainers qualified;
- Frequent travel to the base offices;
- Fluency in one or more national/regional languages is an asset.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern learning methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in-classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc);
- Excellent communication and leadership skills;
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively;
- Ability to write reports and produce training manuals;
Starting Basic Salary
NGN 508,748 per month (excluding other benefits).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th August, 2022.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply