Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client in the Energy industry is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Automation Engineer
- Adexen has been mandated by one of its clients in the Energy industry to recruit an Automation Engineer for their operations in Nigeria. The position is based in Rivers, Nigeria.
- Ensure compliance with industry, regulatory and company standards by minimizing environmental emissions, contributing to the safe and efficient operations through competent operation and maintenance of process systems, and associated equipment. The role is primarily engaged with functional support of instruments and control systems.
- Provide engineering expertise, capital planning, execution expertise and instrument and control maintenance services for the facility.
- Guarantee compliance with industry, regulatory and company standards, minimize environmental emissions and are capable of sustained operation(s) in line with operational targets.
- Provide daily instruments and controls support to the plant to keep the plant systems operational. Improves and ensures the reliability and integrity of the instruments and control systems.
- Optimize the instruments and controls systems for efficiency and equipment reliability and assures all design modifications or additions of the same are in strict accordance with company procedures and code compliance.
- Work directly with the Automation engineers to investigate and deliver innovation that will provide a more reliable process safety, which will maintain facility integrity
- Assist the Maintenance/Mechanical department in setting short term priorities for platform maintenance needs to meet targets and ensure that the maintenance of the platform operating equipment will deliver maximum production in a cost effective and environmentally responsible and safe manner.
- Integrate maintenance activities into the overall facilities planning and monitoring.
- Assist in system design and implementation as needed, monitor and maintain spare parts inventory applicable to systems and controls; maintain system and controls portion of the facility.
- Debug and optimize automation programs, maintain program and system files backup; maintain software and communication networks.
- Assist maintenance and Engineering with troubleshooting procedures for equipment such as pumps, compressors, generators and process equipment.
- Ensure maintenance upgrades and repair of computers including servers, control computers and interface panels.
- Oversee the instruments and control systems from an engineering perspective and assures all design modifications or additions of the same are performed professionally and in strict accordance with company procedures and code compliance.
- Assure all planning, scheduling and managing all instruments and controls engineering activities related to plant facilities are coordinated and performed safely and efficiently.
- Ensure that documentation for the instruments and controls systems are maintained properly.
- Participate in the development of documentation standards including update to the unit operating manuals.
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software to perform engineering tasks and develops documentation.
- Provide leadership and discipline expertise to less experienced support staff, engineering design, maintenance and operation groups, provide accurate and timely instruments and control engineering guidance and advice to all project and asset teams.
- Ensure that operational requirements are fed into the design process for new projects.
- Develop Programme Logic Control programs for new equipment as needed, and other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Automation or Instrumental and Electrical maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience, proven track record in trouble shooting and analysis of instrumentation and process engineering system problems.
- Attained or working toward Chartered Professional Engineer Status- COREN.
- Knowledge of Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis and root cause analysis.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Project management skills with professional certification a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests.
- Creative thinking skills.
- Detail-oriented personality.
- Excellent manual dexterity.
- Ability to communicate well to other members of the development team.
Interested and qualified candidates shouldClick here to apply
Job Title: HSE Supervisor
Locations: Abuja and Rivers
- Adexen has been mandated by one of its clients in the Energy industry to recruit an HSE Supervisor for their operations in Nigeria. The position is based in Abuja and Rivers, Nigeria.
- The HSE Supervisor has to coordinate the Health & Safety network for the Company, support the development of Health & Safety mindset addressing 3 major areas: site conditions, procedures and behaviour
- Lead safety and promote best practices. provide the technical HSE support to the site in order to ensure the safe delivery of the day, compliance with the organization’s standards, good industry practices and local legislative requirements where applicable
- He/she will drive the HSE performance improvement of the plant/facility within his/her area of responsibility. This includes visible personal leadership on HSE matters, setting of standards, regular reviews of performance and implementing improvements where required.
- Conduct daily HSE meetings and inspections.
- Follow-up on site HSE issues.
- Coordinate with DPR and external consultants.
- Assist in and conduct periodic HSE audits to ensure the site complies with environmental permits and company’s HSE standards.
- Facilitate and drive safety initiatives.
- Ensure safety critical elements are inspected and maintained as per plans.
- Ensure life camp, on-site clinic and other facilities are in compliance with health and safety expectations.
- Review and update the health risk assessment as necessary.
- Prepare and update site specific HSE procedures and documents.
- Support on site implementation of HSE training programs.
- Develop and implement emergency drills.
- Ensure lessons learnt from incident investigations are disseminated to all employees and contractors throughout the site.
- Ensure accurate incident reporting.
- Tracking and closing out of HSE action items, including actions from internal and external audit findings.
- Participate in PHR’s, HAZID and HAZOP studies for the site when required.
- Provide assistance, coaching and support to the business units for the elaboration and sharing of Health & Safety policies, standards and procedures aligned with the company’s requirements.
- Coordinate and facilitate in all locations of the company.
- Assess compliance through recurrent safety audits.
- Participate in the evaluation of technical skills and competences of the Health & Safety network.
- Activate Health & Safety improvements throughout the company.
- Help and challenge the company in defining their annual Health & Safety plan.
- Validate and challenge root cause analysis and action plans for major accidents and ensure follow up on action plans.
- Facilitate experience sharing & convergence in H&S.
- Benchmark company’s best practices nationwide while respecting local preferences and priorities but ensuring company level improvements.
- Elaborate periodic follow up of H&S results nationwide trends, actions and network effectiveness.
- Consolidate all levels of the company’s performance indicators.
- Coach & counsel Plant/Site Managers on safety.
- Raise the profile of the company’s safety initiative.
- Develop, in line with the company policy, training programs for leaders and attract talent in H&S positions.
- Develop close communication within and across business units.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years HSE experience of which 5 years must be at a senior management level in the oil and gas/LNG sector.
- Minimum of 5 years previous safety experience in some of the following areas: safety program development, fire prevention, hazardous materials, qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, process safety management, process hazard analysis, incident investigation and the development and implementation of safe operations procedures and processes.
- Professional membership or registration in Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals.
- Experience in the industrial construction field with in-depth HSE field work.
- Sound negotiation skills, strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as being able to be a self-starter.
- Able to work with deadlines and possess a proven track record of delivering required projects in a timely and professional manner.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted