The University of Lagos Consultancy Services Limited (A Limited Liability Company) is requesting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post below:
Job Title: Managing Director
- This is the most senior management position. The successful candidate must be a confirmed member of the academic staff of any university in Nigeria or abroad.
- The successful candidate will be offered appointment with Unilag Consult Limited for a period of two (2) years in the first instance. Upon satisfactory performance, the appointment may be renewed for a further period of two (2) years and no more.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively, provide leadership in consultancy services and research, as well as, initiate viable and important activities which would generate income for the Company.
Qualification and Experience
- Applicant must have a PhD from recognised university with appropriate management experience;
- Must not be above 55 years of age and not below 40 years; and must not be below the rank of Associate Professor in a university at the time of appointment;
- Show concrete evidence of success in similar assignments;
- Be able to establish enduring contacts in government, non-governmental institutions, and corporate organisations;
- Have a good judgement and initiative in determining sources of business for UNILAG CONSULT LTD;
- Demonstrate ability to lead and work in academic and business environments.
Job Title: Auditor
Reporting to Managing Director, the Auditor will be primarily responsible for:
- Verifying all transactions regarding assets, liability, revenue and expenses of the company.
- Perform physical verification of assets both within and outside the company premises.
- Ensure proper labelling of assets for proper monitoring.
- Enforcing and monitoring compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper maintenance of assets register and account payable and receivable records for audit purposes.
- Avoiding legal challenges by complying with legal requirements, including statutory obligations, withholding, corporate tax. VAT and PAYE.
- Securing financial and other information by regular back-ups
- Training and mentoring of junior audit staff.
- Making recommendations to Managing Director based on timely review process and procedures.
- Carrying out any other work as assigned by Managing Director.
- System auditing and investigation
- Monitoring and review of controls.
Qualifications and Experience
- Not more than 40 years of age.
- First degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognised institution with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower division plus NYSC discharge certificate or evidence of exemption.
- Minimum of Three (3) years post NYSC experience in any industry, experience in audit practice will be an added advantage.
- A good knowledge of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) is required.
- Membership of ICAN or any other recognised accounting body is required.
Deadline: Friday 18th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with 12 copies of CV and Credentials, together with three (3) reference letters to:
The Board Chairman,
Unilag Consult Limited,
Unilag Consult Building,
1st Floor, Managing Director’s Office,
Unilag Akoka Campus,
Electronic copies of all documents should also be emailed to: [email protected]