Job Title: Chemical Engineer
- The Chemical Engineer will be skilled in all aspects of chemical engineering including process computer simulation, development, equipment sizing and specification.
- Also have hands-on experience in making sure that standards of quality are met while analysis costs are kept as low as possible.
- Proven ability to use applied research and problem-solving skills for establishing good crude oil analysis result.
- He/She will have direct responsibility for solving the practical problems in the crude oil sampling and always use international reorganized standard for any product analysis.
- Also in overall charge of the laboratory, conducting tests on different materials in order to determine the safety, danger or capability of a certain material before any analysis is carried out.
- Working closely with process chemists and chemical technicians to ensure maximum output levels and the efficient running crude analysis.
- Will be involved full time on the collection and sampling of crude oil fractions.
- Attending all process safety reviews as necessary and making sure that all agreed recommendations are adhered to.
- Conducting experiments and calculating the amount of impurities in each sample crude fraction .
- Providing technical expertise, leadership and direction to various work groups.
- Developing strict safety guidelines are making sure they are adhered to.
- Involved in building small-scale models of the actual processing facilities.
- Reviewing and approving drawings and assembly layouts.
- Advising on which chemical analytical tool/equipment will be the most efficient.
- Supervising production lines.
- Interacting with regulatory agencies and authorized inspectors to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Estimating production cost reports for senior managers.
- Attend weekly progress meetings with other members of the development team.
- Involved in researching ways to develop new and improved chemical analysis processes.
- Participating in incident investigations.
- Preparing plant layout, equipment list, capital cost estimate and operating cost estimate.
- Developing process chemistry.
- HND/B.Sc/M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering or in any related field
- Work experience : 2-5 years working experience
- Able to work in cross-functional projects.
- Experience of absorption, evaporation and electromagnetic equipment.
- Able to perform predictive and root cause analysis of problems and then initiate corrective action.
- Flexible handling a variety of tasks and shift priorities simultaneously.
- Can work independently and in a team environment.
- Enjoy solving problems.
- Familiarity with all process design safety requirements.
- Possessing a excellent team spirit and capable of interacting effectively with other discipline engineers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Comprehensive understanding of government and industry related rules and regulations.
- Familiar with any of this computer Aided design CHEMCAD, HAZOP and AUTOCAD.
- Extensive experience of developing industrial chemical processes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume and Cover letter to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 20th April, 2016.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter